There Is So Many Battlemechs To Choose From Now That I Think A Cut In Mc Price Is In Order.

General

42 replies to this topic

#41 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

Well this is not Pokémon, you don't have to catch them all. The real reason to keep prices in the current range is for one they have sales and two you don't want to pilot every mech out there. there is over lap in the chassis. 4 or 5 mechs can do the same thing on the battle field. :D
Also, most people sale mechs they don't do well in anyways. Buying mech bays add up.

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:20 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 16 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Same goes for MW:O.

"*GASP* A new mech pack is coming out! Ooooooh if I pre-purchase in advance I get the full pack, I get horns, and paint jobs, and premium game time, and mech bays! *throwthrowthrow*"

"Wow I hate these mechs! The balance is all wrong, quirks are wrong, and other mechs can do just as well as the mechs I bought if not better... why did I pay fo.... OOOOOH A NEW MECH PACK! *throwthrowthrowthrow*"

I mean, seriously, I doubt that this game wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for pokemech collectors. I bought a few mech packs in faith that things would change and get better at a reasonable pace and scale, especially after IGP left the building (because I felt things would improve both developmentally and price economy wise.)

Personally, I don't feel the "value" they do with their pricing and with what I'm getting in return, so I won't pre-purchase again, nor pay money for services. I agree with Day Leet about pricing, but I don't believe PGI sees things that way... as they've had a LOT of time to adjust EVERYTHING after IGP left, and after Transverse crowdfunding failed (which with all due respect was a huge tell in how I believe they see business modeling and the over-value of their product.)

But bottom line, is if reliable collectors people continue to give the company enough money to meet whatever number to keep PGI overhead satisfied... then they aren't likely to concern themselves with making any/all their digital IP affordable for poor money impaired folk.

TL:DR
Would I like to see prices come down? Yes, I think their value is hyper inflated.
Do I think it will happen? No, too many people throw money at the current business model to convince PGI to do otherwise.
I don't know many companies that don't look to increase profits all the time. Heck if My employer only earns 2% more profits than last year it was a terribad year! What kinda thinking is that?!?

#43 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostRushmoar, on 16 July 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

you don't have to catch them all.

Well we do, we all do, because each chassis has something to offer that the others do not.

View PostRushmoar, on 16 July 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

there is over lap in the chassis. 4 or 5 mechs can do the same thing on the battle field.

Not the chassis but the variant. A lot of chassis now have redundant variant. We might not want to own all variant. The mechs that they do are like that now. First time i saw the BlackKnight i thought "omg nice" Then "why would i want more than 1?" It's worse now that mech variant are not made with different perks like torso twist degree or better engine like the old mech. They dont bother doing that anymore, they just make quirks to force you into a loadout. I liked the old ways of doing mech. Sure most people probably could not be bothered to even look at them but that does not mean the options were not there and that they did not want to play different mech.

But redundant variant is no excuse to have a model of "I don't want people to own and buy everything my game has to offer" it makes no sense.

Edited by DAYLEET, 17 July 2015 - 09:28 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users