G-Line River City: Needs A Review

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

The G-Line in river city is a death trap for anyone who goes that route. Why?

#1. The openings that you have to fire through will block arm mounted weapons from firing.
#2. The opposing team can pot shot you when you try to move from it and get to cover back on your side. You won't make it unless you are in a fast moving light.
#3. The entire G line is set up that if you go off the peninsula and you do not have JJ's you cannot get back onto the peninsula.

Fixes:
#1. Adjust the firing ports to be lower to allow arm mounted weapons to fire.
#2. Extend the cover from the G line to the buildings so you have some cover when you retreat.
#3. Add at least one walkway on the G-line from the water to allow you to get back onto the peninsula without having to expose your self to enemy fire.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Protip: include a map when you talk about grid locations on (especially new) maps.

Posted Image

I agree. I wish I could get up and out of the water onto the concrete without jumpjets, but there's just too much wall and it's a deathtrap. Real shame, too. Hampers flanking opportunities.

#3 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostTarogato, on 16 July 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Protip: include a map when you talk about grid locations on (especially new) maps.

Posted Image

I agree. I wish I could get up and out of the water onto the concrete without jumpjets, but there's just too much wall and it's a deathtrap. Real shame, too. Hampers flanking opportunities.

Any non-Jumper mech OR Heavy/Assault that goes onto that peninsula is dead. Its a horrible design flaw.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

There is one workaround about #3. Tip - look closely at H3-H2 joint ^_^ Yet, I agree, there has to be some way onto solid ground, as there was on previous River City

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users