Adjustable Volume For Pre-Login Introduction Videos

No replies to this topic

#1 Shad0wsFury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

Particularly for the "Nvidia," "Cryengine" and "Piranha Games" short videos.

Because the internet lacks volume normalization, the volume on my computer is set relatively high. My PC doubles as my livingroom media server, as well as my gaming platform, so it needs to be set up to hear relatively low-volume videos (which is how a lot of movies and other non-game media is mixed). When I play games, I generally have the (in-game) volume settings turned down very low, because games tend to have better (louder) audio than a lot of other media. In MWO, for example, I have the volume sliders set at "0.09" and sometimes people still complain the stompy robots are too loud, but that's where I like it.

Unfortunately, the introduction videos are ungodly loud, because I have no way to adjust them. To be honest, a lot of games are like this, and it's frustrating. I either have to completely turn off my PC speakers when I start MWO, or I literally risk blowing out my speakers because the intro videos are so loud.

It would be much appreciated by me (and others, I'm sure) to add another volume slider for introduction videos. If that's not an option, perhaps a checkbox in the patcher/launcher to disable the videos would be possible? I realize these videos are important marketing vectors, but I personally find them so blaringly annoying that I'm far more likely to be turned OFF by the product featured in the horribly loud videos, than I am to be turned on. Think about it like this: If someone was standing at your front door trying to sell you something (maybe even something you actually want or like), but they are addressing you with a megaphone from three feet away, are you going to be at all interested in what they have to offer? Unless they're selling gold bricks for pennies, probably not, because you'll be too infuriated by the AMAZINGLY LOUD AND UNNECESSARY MEGAPHONE to care.

Thanks, and please take my hyperbolic (yet colorful) metaphors as they were meant--metaphorically--but please do something (anything) about the ridiculously loud intro movies.

Sincerely,
-Shad0wsFury

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users