Cw Needs To Change Or …

99 replies to this topic

#21 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostR Razor, on 19 July 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Either you have NEVER played in a group drop with units or you are a liar.

Or maybe you're a **** who plays with other twats who do behave badly more like, because i have played in 12 man groups and i,m not a liar but you little girl keep thinking what you like. Maybe you behaving badly, talking crap makes others react badly to you, id suggest thats more likely.

#22 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

If CW is supposed to be a "unit-centric" or "group-centric" mode, then PGI should simply not let solo players enter CW queues and that's the end of that. Solo players do not get to drop into the standard group queue either.

But of course, bad business raises its ugly head again: In a subsection business which has a small and dwindling customer base, we cannot introduce any measures which, in the short term, would reduce the customer base even more - even though they would likely help to actually increase it in the long term.

#23 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 19 July 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

I read this as

"I tried everything but joining a unit and in my expert opinion I will conclude that joining a unit is bad advice for a unit centric game mode"

Sorry, you're reading it wrong.
You should read it as follows:

"I love Mechwarrior, and I want to love Mechwarrior Online and I want it to succeed!"

--
edit:
I want to add that I don't mind getting my stomp now and then and I have yet to experience foulmouthing from the enemy team. So kudos to the units I've played so far. But both things are not the point, and neither is the point if some (or even most) unit players enjoy CW in it's current state. Fact is, it is bleeding out. And we need to get more people to play CW - and in order to that, to like it.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 20 July 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#24 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 19 July 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Or maybe you're a **** who plays with other twats who do behave badly more like, because i have played in 12 man groups and i,m not a liar but you little girl keep thinking what you like. Maybe you behaving badly, talking crap makes others react badly to you, id suggest thats more likely.

Well,

GIven that I've played in several matches you were in I'd have to say you probably have the **** part down anyway.........as for the rest, like I said, you're a liar..........maybe you don't see it often, but to say you've NEVER seen it is a lie. It happens, you are guilty of it in fact.

#25 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostIhasa, on 19 July 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I have never played in the solo queue, ever. My buddy has when he visits and plays, and what I see is horrid. No thanks.

I hear you.

Just pointing out the claim that solo's rule this game is false if you are able to count.

#26 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

View PostChagatay, on 19 July 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Certainly is, but the real issue is lack of incentives and/or cookies to keep people coming. I like CW and play it exclusively (almost always as a team of one) but I am a minority. It is clear bribes work* and they need to continue to bribe people to play as they bring about more change. Believe me, change is needed.

*Not the crappy here is a Hulu girl** or whatever because that won't fly.
**I love you Hulu girl don't hate me please.

Yes, bribes work, unfortunately.

And we see that backlash now and the group suffers for it. The low hanging fruit of LP rewards, read:Mech Bays, drive solo players into CW to reap those rewards. Clearly they are not ready for it nor are knowledgeable enough to know the CW is for Groups/Units. Now that those solo players are in CW for those rewards and then leave once they have them, the short experience playing solo in group play makes them want CW to change to better allow farming of those low hanging rewards.

Move those rewards up in the tree and we will see less "nerf group play in CW - make more solo friendly".

#27 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 20 July 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Sorry, you're reading it wrong.
You should read it as follows:

"I love Mechwarrior, and I want to love Mechwarrior Online and I want it to succeed!"

--
edit:
I want to add that I don't mind getting my stomp now and then and I have yet to experience foulmouthing from the enemy team. So kudos to the units I've played so far. But both things are not the point, and neither is the point if some (or even most) unit players enjoy CW in it's current state. Fact is, it is bleeding out. And we need to get more people to play CW - and in order to that, to like it.

Foulmouthing happens in every single game, MWO is not special. I have seen it a couple times before we had option to turn off All Chat. If anyone is surprised by this then I should just say, Welcome to the Internet and Online gaming!

Now, if anyone fears the rare occurrence of some bad sports, turn off All Chat.

Again, turn OFF All Chat.

Makes the whole game better.

#28 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 20 July 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

If CW is supposed to be a "unit-centric" or "group-centric" mode, then PGI should simply not let solo players enter CW queues and that's the end of that. Solo players do not get to drop into the standard group queue either.

But of course, bad business raises its ugly head again: In a subsection business which has a small and dwindling customer base, we cannot introduce any measures which, in the short term, would reduce the customer base even more - even though they would likely help to actually increase it in the long term.

Excatly my thoughts.

Remove Solo players in CW and that is it.

#29 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

OP CW is dead no new player likes to wait 10-20 min then drop into the match and get killed in 1-3 min by hackers head shooting them 4 times and there done never play CW again or focus fire rushes that trial mechs cant withstand and you die in 30 seconds I have see this to many times and PGI does nothing about it.

CW is a trashy moba and a lot of new players want there mechs to last and be able to learn the game even solo mm battles are getting run over by these groups and PGI just turns a blind eye as long as there paying into the game. I wont offer any fixes I have tried for 3+ years and PGI/DEVS are just blind and deaf to these forums and ban players that could have helped them fix MWO Im the last of my OLD GUARD GROUP OF 300 players even coming to the forums or playing battles the rest said to helllll with MWO its garbage and left.

That's 299 paying players that could have supported MWO gone and there just the tip of the iceberg that has left MWO over 3 years its like 300,000 players have left MWO because the devs and staff have ruined the game and it has gone the wrong direction.This IP was never a crappy MOBA it was a great simulation/arcade Mech simulator with tactical game modes and great content now its a crappy moba.

#30 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 19 July 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Hard to do anything with CW when people STILL perpetuate the PUG vs Pre lie.

What are you saying is a lie?

Is it that PUGs always/often face premades, or that PUGs always/often lose to premades? Or that premades always/often face PUGs?

These are 3 different possible scenarios and by nature a different subset of people may or may not be experiencing each.

Or do you mean all 3 are lies :)

#31 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 20 July 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

OP CW is dead no new player likes to wait 10-20 min then drop into the match and get killed in 1-3 min by hackers head shooting them 4 times and there done never play CW again or focus fire rushes that trial mechs cant withstand and you die in 30 seconds I have see this to many times and PGI does nothing about it.

CW is a trashy moba and a lot of new players want there mechs to last and be able to learn the game even solo mm battles are getting run over by these groups and PGI just turns a blind eye as long as there paying into the game. I wont offer any fixes I have tried for 3+ years and PGI/DEVS are just blind and deaf to these forums and ban players that could have helped them fix MWO Im the last of my OLD GUARD GROUP OF 300 players even coming to the forums or playing battles the rest said to helllll with MWO its garbage and left.

Ok, CW is dead because solo players go there and face off against hackers.

CW is trashy because new players go there to learn to play.

Best part, SOLO battles are getting ran over by groups.

Man, all you are missing is the baby eating 12man Unit rolfstomp mock fest.

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on!

View PostRahul Roy, on 20 July 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

What are you saying is a lie?

Is it that PUGs always/often face premades, or that PUGs always/often lose to premades? Or that premades always/often face PUGs?

These are 3 different possible scenarios and by nature a different subset of people may or may not be experiencing each.

Or do you mean all 3 are lies :)

I only happens 1%, or less, of the time.

1 out of 100. 99 out of 100 it is a PUG stomping PUG, PUG farming PUG.

PUG stomps are OK because they are used to them, they are not used to the 12man Unit, so they are evil and must stop.

#32 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

I'm eating popcorn.. It's really delicious.

#33 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

When ways to fix CW have been suggested but PGI ignore what is said then maybe the writing is on the wall?

Sticking your head in the sand and thinking a problem will just go away is nonsense, As ignoring the problem or failing to admit the truth of it's existence will never lead to it being solved!

No wonder I don't play this game any more! Only seeing what they have (not) done and I guess I will look in again in a month or 2 , but a bit busy anyway playing other games that are working quite well and the devs are listening to the community! (I know it's hard to believe and it's not SC either!).

#34 Weztside

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

As someone that goes seal clubbing in CW on a regular basis I have to say i'm all for it and have zero empathy for any pugs nor any interest in seeing this game improve or even survive. If PGI doesn't care enough to fix it neither do I. **** it. Making 6 millions cbills in 3 hours is pretty cool.

#35 pudding man

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

Wow some very angry venting from both sides here, I think we would all agree a larger player base would improve the game lower wait times for matches fewer ghost drops etc. Lately when I have dropped into Cw with my unit or when dropping alone there seems to be fewer and fewer poeple sitting in cue not a good sign.

To be honest when dropping into match and one side is made up of 12 man group/unit and the other side is made up of (skiddles) random factions no units tags running non meta mechs or worse trail mechs most of these matches end up as we expect not alway but most of them do- this is usually the New Cw players first experience with Cw not very enjoyable for most.

While I agree this is and should be a unit based game, all games have players that quit or move on so to keep this Cw game functioning new players are required so improving new players experience is important to expand the player base. I would recommend the following split the cue, groups of 4 or more would be required to play in the competative cue while groups of 3 or less could opted (see opted) to play in the entry level cue or competative cue. This serves three purposes one new players get a more enjoyable CW experience building up player base, two a chance for these new players to learn from a few competative players that opt to drop with them allowing them to build competative drop decks & third it would act a training area for units to recruit replacements pilots for those that quit the game.

There will be some that complain this will effect the time comp teams take to get matches but the hopeful expansion in player base should help with that.

#36 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Let's offer up as a given that the game SHOULD segment those that don't want to play as a group and just run around and shoot robots and do whatever they want from those that want to play a REAL tactical game and work as a unit and overcome an enemy for rewards, profits, and babes.

I mean, in the old days long before CW even I remember solos were drawn to join units that had beaten them after seeing what 8 pilots (and then 12) on comms and with a plan could do. They sat up and said, this game is about a group of mechs attacking another group.....obviously this is better when everyone works together, and they would set off to the forums or ask on Chat who that group was and go check them out.

But whatever, people just want a game where they can turn it on, go shoot a mech and then off to spend their cbills. This is not a game with a player base large enough to turn people away. This is the core issue PGI faces. Whatever they WANT to do is hampered by their need for money to DO it and the need for more players to support the ques.

I agree, trying to please everyone usually ends up just pissing everyone off. But again, the issue of low player base is exactly why they CAN'T split the game in two.

No matter how many threads about PUG stomping there are, no matter if it's true or not, none of that can change the fact that reality prohibits PGI from separating the ques. The player base can NOT SUPPORT A SPLIT QUE.

So instead of complaining over and over again about PUG stomps, we should concentrate on increasing the player base not only so that the game can continue to develop and get more and more elements into CW but so maybe eventually we can see that que splitting so that people who just want to play solo can.

#37 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostThumper3, on 23 July 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

maybe eventually we can see that que splitting so that people who just want to play solo can.

A CW solo queue won't work. The reason the regular solo queue works so well is because organized premade Units can't reliably sync-drop into it. The reason they can't reliably sync-drop into it is because their Unit members usually end up on both opposing teams in a match even if they do manage to sync-drop into the same match.

In CW, the opposing teams are filtered by Faction (Steiner vs Clan Wolf, for example). Since a Unit's members all belong to the same Faction, there's no way they're ending up on both teams fighting each other in a match. That means they CAN reliably sync-drop into a CW match, something they can't reliably do in the regular solo queue.

#38 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

That's not an example of solo queue not working. What you are describing is if groups wanted to go into the solo queue.

But I guess my response would be why would we? Maybe if there were zero matches to be had in group queue, but I don't think that would happen. I would still go defend clan invaders on Marik planets, I would just be doing it alongside other semi-organized folks and not with so many random solos.

Of course I might not ever get to drop, but honestly having all these crappy matchups is NOT better than having no matches at all.

#39 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 23 July 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

That means they CAN reliably sync-drop into a CW match, something they can't reliably do in the regular solo queue.

View PostRahul Roy, on 23 July 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

But I guess my response would be why would we? .

Exactly.

Sync dropping? Really? Do you really think that there are that many units full of pilots that want to work THAT hard just to play solos? That is some really far fetched, conspiracy theory stuff. LMAO

#40 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

I'll just drop by and say why i don't touch CW. The bottlenecks (gates) on the CW maps ruins it all.
That's all i had to say.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users