So Why Hasn't -Ms- Won? What Left Is There To Do?

News

165 replies to this topic

Poll: And the winner is.... (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it over? Who won?

1. Yes, -MS- (94 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Yes, Clan Wolf (25 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

3. Yes, The Clans (29 votes [10.28%])

Percentage of vote: 10.28%

4. No (56 votes [19.86%])

Percentage of vote: 19.86%

5. I dont play CW / Dont care about CW (78 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:36 AM

Looks like he knows the report button better than the reply button.

Edited by Coordinator Aigis Kurita, 12 August 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#142 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

Dang, it's a shame Telmasa is so ashamed of his behavior that he had to report a post that exposed his hypocrisy. That's a quality Clanner for you.

#143 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

I bid 8 clicks of the report button in my batchall, clanner

Edited by MadWOPR, 12 August 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#144 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

Have you no honor? 8 report button clicks is far to much for a surat such as this. Clan Mischief bids 3 clicks of the report button and one passive-aggressive post claiming that "I was just kidding when I said that in chat".

Your bid, Freebirth.

Edited by MischiefSC, 12 August 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#145 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 August 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

Have you no honor? 8 report button clicks is far to much for a surat such as this. Clan Mischief bids 3 clicks of the report button and one passive-aggressive post claiming that "I was just kidding when I said that in chat".

Your bid, Freebirth.

I bid one count of calling a famous world leader a bad word and a dozen clanners typing out long replies in chat about quirks and then hitting backspace for 10 seconds.

#146 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 12 August 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I bid one count of calling a famous world leader a bad word and a dozen clanners typing out long replies in chat about quirks and then hitting backspace for 10 seconds.

Throw in a couple units of giving out volunteer moderator positions to members of the forums, and boy you've got an invasion of somerset going

Edited by MadWOPR, 12 August 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#147 Daevaflaev

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationButts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Telmasa can't post from the burn ward to defend himself.

#148 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

Not so fast. Clan Mischief will not be out bid by some stripling sibko without even a thousand posts of glorious forum victories behind them.

Clan Mischief will bid only 1 report button click, a single passive-aggressive post alluding to cheating and a single spurious report of cheating to support@mwo.com with no screenshot or evidence.

Hmmmm.... wait. It seems Telmasa may have already fielded this bid.

I will in turn reduce my clans bid to only two mocking forum posts and a single nudge to a coworker with a "read this it's hilarious".

#149 Shredneck92

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

idk know about you but i played a CW match against SWOL and they got smashed by PUGs idk if they where green horns or what but they love to have a kissing match with our teams mechs.

#150 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostCannedheat1992, on 15 March 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

idk know about you but i played a CW match against SWOL and they got smashed by PUGs idk if they where green horns or what but they love to have a kissing match with our teams mechs.

Well considering we have many active members, both veteran and new, then so what! Some of us are still learning! I would like to see you against our vets! Posted Image

#151 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 15 March 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

Well considering we have many active members, both veteran and new, then so what! Some of us are still learning! I would like to see you against our vets! Posted Image

Are we ever going to SCRIM or do I have to report you guys again?? (well honestly I only take screen shots I don't in fact report anyone)

#152 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 24 July 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

Okay...

Just to sum up in the most simplistic way...

-MS- conquered a huge chunk of the IS for Clan Wolf...

This begs the question: Why?

Do -MS- or Clan Wolf have some kind of advantage now? Or disadvantage? Does it make any difference? Do they have more ressouces or cheaper Mechs, now that they own more planets? Do they have a harder time defending their territory now that they are more spread out?

Do MS's conquests mean anything for the recent state of the war?

MS has done a good job of linking good and competitive players with an influx of newer players who are very interested in learning the mechanics. This is great at one level, and I have had the ability to drop on a TS hub with skilled drop callers who are working for a specific house. When you have very good leaders you also get very good followers, and the teamwork is also very easy.

The problem is that we now have teams of skilled players (varied levels) playing against pure pugs. We also have a map that is way too easy to manipulate by folks who are not using strategy game or PVP tactics. If it is friends playing with friends or intentional seal clubbing, it does not matter. The system is too easy to break.

The biggest issue is that with the call for lore based houses and maps, we have too many variables that will split the player base and create ways to "game" the system. The issue is also magnified because of the pvp individual mechanics and player mindset being mixed with a second layer of tactics/strategy.

I do applaud PGI and the player base calling for a game mode with these features, but I think we may need to pull some of the variables and just focus on the raw game mode with the maps and drop decks.

short term fixes could be
limiting team size to 4-6 and making sure that the other team has no fewer than 4-6 less team players.
Results - This could improve playability for the masses while hurting the gaming the system by 12mans. The groups would need to work harder to Q sync and there could also be a call to attack that also pulls in pugs. Wins would hopefully be harder so there may actually be a fight for a planet. Big groups should be able to challenge other groups and they would pull from random pugs to make up the difference (minimum of 6-8). This would be a huge hit to the "play with friends" and "end game" crowd, but they could put forth a bit more effort and play a larger group and still play with a smaller group of friends. I do think that more groups being mixed with pugs will help them develop better play while also not seeing the groups as pure evil.

If the MODE moves forward there may start to be enough of a player base to start adding back some of the original variables with better playability.

Edited by Chuck Jager, 16 March 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#153 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

Someone left the gas on during the last invasion push leaving a significant bill that still needs to be paid.

Please follow the link here to help donate to this cause: http://helpmakenoesislotsofdosh.com

Edited by Noesis, 17 March 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#154 Groovdog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

View PostThumper3, on 21 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Actually, that's not economics, that's government tyranny. Vices have been taxed heavily for decades, yet cigarettes are still a billion dollar industry. And subsidies only prop up unsustainable endeavors....and eventually they crash down anyway.

Yeah ignore the reality is that smoking is at an all-time low in the United States and is taking huge hits in most industrialized countries. And as a typical knee-jerk reaction you bit on the tax bit. So murderers shouldnt be punished? The basic point is reward behavior you want and punish behavior you dont. Restated its a lot harder to argue against huh? Or do you not have kids? Posted Image

The truth is that what he is saying is the ONLY way you will fix it. MWO players, especially at the higher end, tend to be min/maxers as evidence by the term META. The reason why many roll CW despite it sucking is predictable seal stomping is the best source of CBills which is the only that matters anyway (yet another problem) as it keeps you from spending real money. GXP is worthless after a certain point, you can only have so many standing items, and in a meta world free equipment (unless it is a mech itself) is pretty worthless. Now modules that would be better for some of us, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Groovdog, 18 March 2016 - 03:58 AM.

#155 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

Next reset is scheduled for Phase 3. CW is in Beta. Why is everyone still acting like it's a finished product.

#156 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostGroovdog, on 18 March 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Yeah ignore the reality is that smoking is at an all-time low in the United States and is taking huge hits in most industrialized countries. And as a typical knee-jerk reaction you bit on the tax bit. So murderers shouldnt be punished? The basic point is reward behavior you want and punish behavior you dont. Restated its a lot harder to argue against huh? Or do you not have kids? Posted Image

I need a map to try to follow any of your wondering and chaotic 'points'. None of which even address anything I said, except for the tax thing which you brush off as immaterial (and was a mere side point).....but yet dedicate you're entire post to attacking. Odd

......but it's slow at work right now and I'm bored....so.......

Cigarette's have dropped......(could be in part to being taxed at about 50%......down but not gone, proving my point), meanwhile vaping is on the rise and several states have legalized MJ. Why smoke a Camel when you can spark up a bong. Oh, and yeah, remember how great Prohibition worked? LMAO

Murderers shouldn't be punished. Posted Image Wow, didn't take you long to get a strawman in there. I mean, I'm not surprised by any means, just impressed you went right to it. I don't believe in taxation as a behaviorally tool.......so I MUST be ok with murder. That's a bigger straw man than that idol they erect at Burning Man. Nice job!!! Posted Image So I just wonder, what crime (like murder) do I commit every year to justify the IRS punishing me? Working? Yeah, I should probably stop doing that. Don't answer that, I'm sure you would try and it would make my head hurt trying to follow the trail.

Now, that's about the maximum amount of time I would want to waste with nonsense sidetracks and strawman arguments. If you have any valid points regarding what I actually said in regards to the actual game we are discussing about contract negotiations and realistic repair/rearm and transport costs which are NOT artificial regulations on the market that don't work and WOULD balance the game more the way people claim they want it. Bring it on.

#157 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:04 AM

I for one await that day where MS is the only group anyone belongs to.

The size of the superbig units disqualifies them from being called a unit. This is the same for 228 and SWOL.

If anything they're more of a republic.

#158 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:17 AM

Going back to the reason of this thread.

-MS- while in Smoke Jag got to Terra, but didn't get in control of it.
While last night Marik dropped on Sirius pushing CSJ back to the other side of Terra.

Thanks to all the matches CSJ and for all the help from the Marik pilots

#159 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:54 AM

View Postackstorm, on 19 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Frankly I think merc units should not have as granular of selection on where they fight as they do now. They are supposed to be told where to fight by their employer, not pick it for themselves.

Actually, this is wrong. It is determined by the terms of their contract. Right now contracts are simply "fight for our side on available attack lanes, win glory and riches."

So that's what mercs are doing.

#160 Groovdog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostJenovah, on 20 March 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Actually, this is wrong. It is determined by the terms of their contract. Right now contracts are simply "fight for our side on available attack lanes, win glory and riches."

So that's what mercs are doing.

Because nations have unlimited funds, just ask the US.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users