Ban Policy

16 replies to this topic

#1 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Im new to this game but not new to online games. Im curious that in the fews weeks i have been playing i have come across chronic afk/leavers in games, some in which are known by name to other players in the game. Some i have come across i knew just seeing them on the load in screen, knew we were gona be short or up a player. Yet from what i hear game to game nothing happens.

My brother has received to bans mostly because of alcohol reasons, but the first he got for singing the lyrics to lady gaga, second one for narrating someone he was spectating after play.
Im curious why afkers are shown such lenience, but someone who is just annoying over VOIP when there's a mute button two buttons away gets 2-3 week suspensions without warning.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Because it's hard to prove someone AFK doesn't have a good reason for it - be it family, network, or other. However, when someone is being an immature jackass, that's entirely their choice and they should bear 100% of the consequences for their actions.

#3 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

Im sorry but i dont care the reason your playing an online multiplayer game. There are many other games that can be played when you know you dont have time. However, that has nothing to do with what Im talking about. I have come across multiple people who are constantly afk, sometimes they are on my team, then on the other team the next game. I can name 3 but its against ToS to do so on the forums. These are people who are literally afk and playing the system. I would choose a troll i can mute, but who is actually THERE than someone who isnt.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

FYI - There are a lot of complains about server connectivity today. But, it is not occurring for all players, such as yourself. Many of the players you see constantly disconnected are probably have connection issues. You are just lucky, like I was until I gave up, of having all the people who constantly disconnect (and just can't figure out to stop playing) on your team.

Here is hoping they either fix the issue, or the constant disconnect players gain an IQ point and stop playing. I'm not holding my breath for either.

#5 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

Lets hope but again thats not even relevant to the cases im talking about. I too get d/c at least twice in a 4 hour span it seems. but i can log back in and play before anyone does a thing. Im not talking about the people who dc once in a blue moon.

#6 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

I'm not sure how the ban system works. My brother uses my pc since it is the only one and got himself baned for being a jackas. Seeing the stuff he typed it doesn't surprise me. I was just worring pgi would think it was an alt of mine and I'd lose my account with all the founder and hero mechs over three years of playing. He got no warning whatsoever. Said he never got an email saying he was being under review or close to ban. He tried loging in both here and in game to no avail.

As far as afkers go like it was said above there is no real way to monitor it and say it was caused by x in this case and it was caused by y in this diffrent case. I do know of several pilots who do sit on the spawn point and do nothing all match or pretend to engage the enemy by following like a slug far far behind the team doing virtually nothing. They might shoot an er ll or a lrm once or twice but that's about all they do. They just sit and wait for the team to lose or win then try and farm as many kills as they can. I don't care how good you think you are or how much you paied for your mech, no mech can and will win in a 12 vs 1.

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Sure they are not having this?

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Just take some EOG screen shots where the players you are concerned with are shown, write an E-mail to support with the EOG screens and time when this happened and be done with it.

Btw you are using the wrong forum, there is something with title support or something like that.

Edit: If you want to provoke a mod response the only response you would get is wrong forum. Write to support.

Edited by The Basilisk, 19 July 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#9 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostRedscyte, on 19 July 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Lets hope but again thats not even relevant to the cases im talking about. I too get d/c at least twice in a 4 hour span it seems. but i can log back in and play before anyone does a thing. Im not talking about the people who dc once in a blue moon.

Write to support, with screenshots, as Basilisk says above. If someone is just afk farming (which is GROSSLY inefficient; it pays practically nothing) and constantly disconnecting or afk, then they'll deal with it.

#10 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

most of afkers have problems on the pgi side either with a glitchy client or with the server

#11 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 19 July 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Just take some EOG screen shots where the players you are concerned with are shown, write an E-mail to support with the EOG screens and time when this happened and be done with it.

Btw you are using the wrong forum, there is something with title support or something like that.

Edit: If you want to provoke a mod response the only response you would get is wrong forum. Write to support.

Finally someone who read what i wrote thank you. The rest of you need to READ!

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

between morons..

people that never dropped once into training grounds to even know W makes you go forward..

people that can't aim...

people that don't know, that only firing on chain fire is So bad it is not even funny...

to people that run off

to people that just do crap just to hurt the team......

the last thing i really care about are people that drop and leave for 40k... In fact if we win, i love it cause i can farm about 300-400 damage off of um and grab a free 100k. :P But really, don't worry about it.. it out of the 1000's of matches you play if you end up liking it, they are so low, it isn't even worth your time

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostRedscyte, on 19 July 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Im new to this game but not new to online games. Im curious that in the fews weeks i have been playing i have come across chronic afk/leavers in games, some in which are known by name to other players in the game. Some i have come across i knew just seeing them on the load in screen, knew we were gona be short or up a player. Yet from what i hear game to game nothing happens.

My brother has received to bans mostly because of alcohol reasons, but the first he got for singing the lyrics to lady gaga, second one for narrating someone he was spectating after play.
Im curious why afkers are shown such lenience, but someone who is just annoying over VOIP when there's a mute button two buttons away gets 2-3 week suspensions without warning.

Here's my question:

How many of those did you, or any of the others report at moderation@mwomercs.com ? If you don't report them, how will they get banned?

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostRedscyte, on 19 July 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

just a quote to get your attenetion,

reports need to go to moderation@mwomercs.com
a report should as far as possible include:
an explanation of the problem
one or more screenshots showing the problem
name of the player you are reporting
time it occurred including timezone
map it happened on

it is not necessary to include all the above but that information will make PGIs job much easier, so the more you can include the better.

PGI will try to resolve things like this, but they cannot do so unless they are reported.

read the code of conduct http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/ to find out what is not allowed (I send off reports quite frequently for violations of the code in game).

#15 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostRedscyte, on 19 July 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

Im sorry but i dont care the reason your playing an online multiplayer game. There are many other games that can be played when you know you dont have time. However, that has nothing to do with what Im talking about. I have come across multiple people who are constantly afk, sometimes they are on my team, then on the other team the next game. I can name 3 but its against ToS to do so on the forums. These are people who are literally afk and playing the system. I would choose a troll i can mute, but who is actually THERE than someone who isnt.

You contact support;

support@mwomercs.com

Give them then name, day/time, map, location if possible, and a screenshot.

All you need to do. Support has a backlog right now, they will get to it. They will investigate. They will take action if warranted.

To do anything about this blight, send in those reports.

#16 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 20 July 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

You contact support;

support@mwomercs.com

Give them then name, day/time, map, location if possible, and a screenshot.

you are correct in that you can use support@mwomercs.com and the information required, however PGI are trying to get people away from using support@mwomercs.com because that is a general email address, in the case of a complaint of what someone else has done, moderation@mwomercs.com is the best address, others include
general@mwomercs.com
accounts@mwomercs.com
billing@mwomercs.com
feedback@mwomercs.com
technical@mwomercs.com

basically using the correct address means the query goes straight to the correct person so can be dealt with faster

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 July 2015 - 04:28 AM.

#17 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostRedscyte, on 19 July 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Finally someone who read what i wrote thank you. The rest of you need to READ!

Nope, I did read so I don't need to even though you used capital letters.
I ALSO know some people like to make assumptions and stick to them even when proven wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users