35 replies to this topic

#21 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

The Arctic Cheetah seems to be the frist great light Mech for the Clans !

But first I need to play it, to give a definite comment.

The only thing that scares me is, that it has only 30 tons !
Therefore a Double Gausse shot from 800m away, will core its center torso instantly.

I would have wished to get a 35 ton light Mech, with the same speed.

#22 Sean Ward

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Thanks for the little lore tidbits! Also its great to see a separate page for the mech specs. It makes the patch notes much more readable. Keep up the great work.

#23 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:06 AM

my Spider-5D Raged quit on me and BMSMA!, hello Cheetah, and Kitty :)

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

OH GOD YOU DO THIS SH*TTY CT QUIRK THING AGAIN.

View PostGreenjulius, on 20 July 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Why the hell are these two unreleased mechs getting some of the best quirks of any clan mech? The Cheetah is already tier 1 before release, and the Cat will be better than any mech lighter than the Crow. It is hard for me to argue against, owning this whole pack... but...

These make the Mist Lynx, Kitfox, Adder and Ice Ferret look like dog turds. Seriously, please fix those mechs.

I am fine with my adder, even with the arctic. I'm fine with my Nova, even with SHC.
MLX and IFR are doomed with clan construction rules, they kinda need some urgent help.

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 July 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostOzealot, on 21 July 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Kinda works against the whole purpose of Omnimechs and their only advantages (in MWO) in the first place. Odd approach indeed. No gamebreaker but treating the standard pod-layout (all pods of one version) as a battlemech instead of this would be much better. You know, Omnimech construction rules only when using as Omnimech with swapped pods. All else treated as fully customizable. Can't wait for Origins IIC and the repercussions of it's ingame release to everyone...

yeah I hate this since they intorduced that CT quirk thing, and honestly it had a heavy impact on my playtime of MWO, since now playing the mechs I like is just running around in even more gimped mech. Also it just kills any motivation into buying further Omnimech packages since it makes often 2 or even 3 out of 4 chassis obsolete by being inferior.

While affectig me, not really my problem, I have way more games than my freetime allows me to spent with, so I just play other things. For PGI, more problematic when the whales swim away. so close: |=| to buy another gold mech (adder) Now its just representing the timeframe in spent in MWO. Can I have my OMNI-mechs back please?

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 July 2015 - 04:23 AM.

#26 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

See you guys on the battlefield tonight, does not look like you will be easy to find and bring down, but my 5SS is up to the challenge!

#27 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:03 AM

Stupid, stressed out and unthinking comment. Sorry all.

Edited by RedEagle86, 21 July 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#28 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostRedEagle86, on 21 July 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

Posted in the other thread, but just thought I'd leave this tidbit here:

Did anyone else notice in the Shadow Cat's release notes that you cannot have Lower Arm Actuators on the -A and -B variants? Even though the stock loadout has 'acceptable' weapons (No LBX/AC/Gauss/ERPPC). 1 Laser each arm on the -A and 1 missile on each arm on the -B, and no lower arm actuators on either of them.

Sure did, and I'm not too worried about it. Ebon Jaguar does fine without any lower arm actuators at all.

<edit> Did you notice the Shadow Cats have ample 135 degree torso twist range? Makes the lateral movement a little less necessary when you can almost turn completely around with double basics (162 degrees total). </edit>

Edited by Luscious Dan, 21 July 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#29 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, LAA are greqt if all your weapons are on your arms, but if they're soread out between arms and torso, I prefer to leave LAAs off...

#30 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

I guess I can no longer name my EBJ's "Vin Diesel"...

#31 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostSereglach, on 20 July 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care if the little paragraphs are almost straight from Sarna. It's awesome that PGI is putting them up there. Hopefully we can eventually get some sort of in-game encyclopedia of information that has the relevant paragraphs to ALL of the mechs we can get in game, as well as factions and so much more (EDIT: Or at the very least on the website). Not only would that help drastically with immersion, but it'd give people who don't know about the lore of the Battletech universe something to act as an introductory lore-primer.

These little snippets of lore info are a great start.

Or maybe just build some form of in game browser to link to sarna? xD

#32 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

Shadey99, if the build in a UI to reference Sarna, then what is to stop all the QQ when *any* player can Xref there to see that something was not implemented to match TT gameplay???

First things first, they need to have a "Lore" mode and a "Oh F*** it, lets just put 17 hardpoints on an Atlas" mode...

#33 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 July 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

I guess I can no longer name my EBJ's "Vin Diesel"...

Reminds me of a CW Video i seen on YT the other day: "Lima left leg!", "Kilo right leg!", "Timberwolf left leg!" :lol: .

#34 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 July 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Shadey99, if the build in a UI to reference Sarna, then what is to stop all the QQ when *any* player can Xref there to see that something was not implemented to match TT gameplay???

First things first, they need to have a "Lore" mode and a "Oh F*** it, lets just put 17 hardpoints on an Atlas" mode...

It's just text... Parsing text is a first year programming class exercise... No need to report everything the way Sarna does it, just pull the text with a quick html command to grab the page and then parse the text into whatever format they want... immersive text in game and they control the way we see it, even if it's simply the content from Sarna...

#35 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 20 July 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Rest in peace little guys. :P

:V Kitfox wasn't made obsolete by the Cheetah, the Shadow Cat killed it.

#36 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

sooo ....does my ebon jaguar still brake dance? I HOPE SOOO

side note....IM STILL PUSHING FOR A 16 WEAPON ATLAS.....BRING BACK THE KING OF THE BATTLE FIELD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users