No replies to this topic

#1 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

1. Always stay TOGETHER, MechWarrior is a team game which some people fail to realize. it may look like StompyRobots Online but teamwork is crucial to success even in Public Drops.

2. Don't block your teammates LoS (Line of Sight), I often see players {LT-MOB-25} block each others shots. This gets extremely frustrating at times, a mech dies faster if two or more can shoot it also.

3. Don't face tank a mech, yes sometimes they make a last ditch effort to hug you but don't do it yourself. Most likely you'll have a team mate blast you in the back with or without intent. Either way it's not a good idea especially when you try to face blast 'em and then you shutdown. This is similar to tip two.

4. Here's a big one. DON'T CHASE THE SQUIRREL! There's no need to chase the tiny light mech harassing from the front. Shoot him if you can and if he runs don't pursue. You'll just get blasted from behind by his friends after you ran into the enemies side of the map. This is huge issue because 2 or mechs will give chase to a light. Just don't.

5. It's always a safe bet to aim for center torso especially if you see their rear! However it may be difficult for newcomers to understand where to shoot a mech. I'll break it down by faction, Clans mechs all come with XL engines which can survive with one side torso missing. With that said if one of a Clanners torsos are open or more damaged than the Center Torso... Aim for them! When it comes to IS mechs, it may be more difficult to understand where to shoot. IS mechs with XL engines die if they lose a side torso. However the thing is, it's not necessarily easy to differentiate what a IS mech carrying unless you are familiar with weapons tonnages and chassis. If a mech is carrying a lot of heavy weapons say like a full Large Laser Heavy he probably has an XL blast one of his torsos and he'll fall like a ton of bricks. Also if a mech is hauling a** h probably has an XL.

6. If you decide to run an assault mech don't use a XL in a IS assault period. Assaults have a lot of tonnage so they have plenty of room for bigger guns. Don't waste the slots with an XL. XL don't help Assaults go a whole lot faster either. You'll just get your torso blown off.

7. NO ASSAULTS LEFT BEHIND! (I think George Bush said that once) Do not leave your assaults in the dust try to stick with them and preferably let them lead the push. They're are designed to take a lot of punishment and dish it out at the same time.

8. This pretty much pertains to the 1st tip, don't run off by yourself. I frequently see people go Rambo then die in the 1st minute. This isn't Call of Duty don't run out and expect to kill things that way, it just doesn't work.

I genuinely hope that these tips help some players out that are old and new. Feel free to critique, agree, disagree, incite a Forum War, etc...

I'll see you in the field ForumWarriors... I mean MECHWARRIORS! o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users