Iic Hunchback Question.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Greyson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

This is the first mech pack where I really only care about one mech. I am wondering if I purchase the Hunchback al la carte, do I get the one with the premium version with the unique geometry, or just the regular chassis?

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,585 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostVirgil Greyson, on 24 July 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the first mech pack where I really only care about one mech. I am wondering if I purchase the Hunchback al la carte, do I get the one with the premium version with the unique geometry, or just the regular chassis?

Should get one premium C-Bill boosting unique geometry Hunchback IIC within your pack.

#3 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 573 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

You will, however, not get any faction content with a la carte. I'd suggest investing 5 bucks more for the Hunchback Collection and getting 7 days premium time and 2 faction content packs.
I still am undecided whether to buy this package or not.

Edited by latinisator, 24 July 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#4 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

It really depends on you. The package overall gives you more value because of the additional stuff. If you're not that interested in the extras then get a la carte

#5 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

You will get a Cbill boosting unique geometry variant even a la carte but as said the JennerIIC is likely to be a beast & if you pilot lights at all for only an extra $5 id go for that especially with all the extras you get.

#6 Virgil Greyson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the answers guys.

#7 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

For $5 more you get the Jenner too and stuff.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, agreed with Elizander here. If you're looking for the Hunchback, snag the Jenner as well for 5 dollars more.

If you were looking ~just~ to get the Orion or Highlander, then it'd be worth while to go al la carte.

#9 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:20 PM

Also, note that A La Carte purchases do NOT get you the fourth bonus variant for buying before the 31st. So as noted above, you should really just get the Hunchback IIC pack.

Spend $35, and you get three Hunchback IIC variants, and three 'Mechbays in which to hold them. Nothing else.

Spend $40 -a mere five dollars more- before June ends, and you get:

-four Hunchback IIC variants
-four Jenner IIC variants
-eight 'Mechbays to hold them
-37 days Premium Time (one set of 7 and another of 30)
-2 titles; these get displayed under your name in-game and on the forums
-2 badges; these get displayed next to your name in the in-game player list, and under your name on the forums
-hanging item: Double Helix
-standing item: Strana Mechty
-mounted item: Hexagon warhorn
-two Faction Content selections; each one includes one camo pattern(applies to all 'Mechs in the pack), six colors, a warhorn, a hanging item, and a standing item

I don't personally care too much about the cockpit stuff. But getting five more 'Mechs for five more dollars? It's just dumb not to take that upgrade. You're getting more than TWICE as much, counting 'Mechs and 'Mechbays alone - not even including any of the other bonus content! The only catch is you have to do it before the 31st. Even if you wait until after that point, though, you can still get six 'Mechs instead of three, so it's still worth it to just get the package.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 25 July 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#10 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

View PostVirgil Greyson, on 24 July 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Hunchback pack costs $40 and gives you faction content, premium time, + 4 Hunchies and 4 Jenners.

... And for $5 less you can get the 3 Hunchback and nothing else. Why? As Bloodweaver points out, there is no reason at all to ala cart just the Hunchback IIC unless your finances are extremely strict, and if you don't even have $5 of wiggle room in your budget, I'd advise against buying anything at all.

Unless hunting specific mechs out of Clan Wave I, or trying to snag the Assault Mech out of a pack, ala carte is never worth it.

#11 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

Just a quick reminder, there is no unique geo on this pack, the special variant only have a special paint patern on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users