Locust Legs Spontaneously Damaged In Water

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pugger

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:21 AM

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has noticed since about a week ago now, that the locust legs will take severe damage in the water in New River City. I don't know if it's due to the high EU server lag and collision detection or what, but I'll often enter the water with my team, have no sighting of the enemy and no contact, yet by the time I exit the water my legs often have no armour left, at all. I sometimes have even begun producing some core damage to them. It's very odd.

Also, I noticed that on this level, any collision I suffer with teammates is significantly more pronounced than on other maps. If I collide in other maps, I typically receive a 1% damage penalty for the collision. On the New River City map, this is usually between 3% and 6%. A couple of collisions strips my legs to the core again. Even while running (within the first minute of the game) I get random destruction of the legs even over dry open land... although this is only briefly after the game starts.

Any one having the same problem? Pointers/ideas?

Thanks is advance!

Edited by Pugger, 27 July 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I believe hit detection was improved recently and collisions, especially with lights, with produce real damage now.

#3 Grommen

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

I am taking a lot of damage to the legs of my Pirate's Bane.

So much so that the external armor is gone before I even find the enemy. Apparently I'm geeing stepped on. I've never noticed that in my heaver mechs.

Also took significant damage just running across open ground on River City. Ya well it's a weird world.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

Leg damage is insane on light mechs right now.

I run into a mech and my armor is half way stripped.

It doesnt make sense its a lot more damage than fall damage, and even more than AC5s

#5 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

That's nothing. Someone stripped my leg armor by typing in chat.

#6 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostFelio, on 27 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

That's nothing. Someone stripped my leg armor by typing in chat.

Wow, harsh language really does hurt sometimes. :P

#7 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

When you go really fast the game sometimes decide a small rock can be your death instead of just a higher mound to climb or pass over. It mostly happens when the terrain is uneven and that half second you "fly" instead of running on ground while dropping less than a meter will do as if you fell a 100 meter because the game suddenly think you are falling when in reality you are just running in a straight line..

Then there is the same culprit that makes your shot his thin air instead of your opponent, that arbitrary invisible wall that either make you miss or hit a wall thats not there.

Edited by DAYLEET, 27 July 2015 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users