Cplt-A1 Vs Cplt-C4

5 replies to this topic

#1 Delmot

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hi to all.

I own a CPLT-K2, a CPLT-A1 and a CPLT-C4.
I'm going to master them, and then to sell 1 of the 3 variants.

I'd like to keep the CPLT-K2, so the question is: do I keep the CPLT-A1 or the CPLT-C4?

I'm not a good player, I can't aim very well. I also own a RVN-2X and I'd like to buy an Atlas in the future.

#2 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

I personally like the C4 more, but I know my opinion is in the minority. I prefer to not run a mech that is exclusively ammo dependent, and the A1's gigantic arms can be taken off so easily too. I actually prefer the C1 over the C4, because you don't need that many missile slots to boat effectively, it has quirks for the lrm 15 instead of the 20 (which i prefer the 15 because it is slightly more tonnage-efficient), and 4 laser hardpoints gve you some good backup weapons. If I still had my C4, i would probably run it something like this:
CPLT-C4
Big Arty Lurms for your main weaps, pair of streaks and 2 ml to defend yourself against things in your minimum range, and a BAP for backup.

To compare, I currently run my C1 like this-
CPLT-C1
2 15's is still a decent volley, and 2ml/2ll is not a bad weap to defend myself if (and when) locks are unavalible.

#3 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostDelmot, on 23 September 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Hi to all.

I own a CPLT-K2, a CPLT-A1 and a CPLT-C4.
I'm going to master them, and then to sell 1 of the 3 variants.

I'd like to keep the CPLT-K2, so the question is: do I keep the CPLT-A1 or the CPLT-C4?

I'm not a good player, I can't aim very well. I also own a RVN-2X and I'd like to buy an Atlas in the future.

well if your saying you cant aim very well, then typically the A1 has more slots for lock-on weapon: streaks and lrms. just make sure a beagle active probe is the first thing in there... dont argue just do it.

#4 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

I prefer the C1. 2 LRM 15s with the quirks is pretty decent and it has the hardpoints to bring in back up weapons and a TAG. Mine looks like this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...510a43e544970c8

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Honestly, the C4 tries to split the difference between the C1 and A1, and ends up being less than either.

#6 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

I like them both for different reasons. I like the A1C for its module slots and ability to mount plenty of SRMs. I like the C4 for the LRM20 quirks and the SRM hardpoints. I just wish I could figure out a *good* way to get another ton of loadout for MLs or a TAG over SLs without having to give up my BAP or armor!

The Catapult may be the only chassis where I own every variant and keep them, other than the Urbies, which are just for teh funz. I'm even keeping the K2, and it is my hands down worst 'mech other than the Awesome 8Q I picked up for Cbills...for science! I wanted to see if they're really that bad. And they are, at least in stock form...though those three PPCs are just a hoot. I lurve the PPC quirks. Very tidy. But my goodness, do they get shot easy. And the stock 240 makes them about as ponderous as anything I've ever driven! Plus I miss the jump jets...like the K2, it has none and I find that I'm addicted to being able to move in the third dimension. Probably sell it and end up getting a Victor 9K instead to finish the collection, once I build some Cbills back up :P ....

Edited by Chados, 27 September 2015 - 07:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users