#21 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostNaoru, on 29 July 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

Sell them?

Yep sold all my Cataphracts except my Ilya though now I kind of wish I'd kept them to play for variety now that I'm a better pilot lol

I do love my Ilya now and then and really having fun in my streetsweeper build 280XL, 2x LB 10-X AC, 1x UAC5, 2x ML

#22 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Im having problems with the 1x. Want to get use the medium laser quirk at its best, also with modules its not running finely. It yust has to less hardpoints - many lights and mediums have more.
Even Black Jack and Hunchback can equip 8 of them.

Its now much more like a medium Mech with more Armor. Im even thinking about to put in a 345XL Reactor to coming up to 90kph. But with 5ML +UAC5 im lacking firepower +Ac10 its not much better, but hotter.

One Hardpoint in the second arm is also premade in the unit scale. Additionally 1-2 in the Center like the 4X and all would be fine for a nice build.

#23 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostBlackHeroe, on 14 August 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Im having problems with the 1x.

Here you go. CTF-1X Mid to Short Range The 1X is fairly generic quirks, so focusing on the med lasers isn't 100% necessary (although helpful). 70 tons and fewer hardpoints means it's time to bring heavier weaponry. Use the shoulder mounted large lasers for early/mid game poking, then move into finish stuff off with the AC-20 and MLs in the arms.

Alternatively if you're set on maximizing ML use, then run something like this: CTF-1X Hunter. It's a lean, efficient killer.

Edited by Cabusha, 17 August 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#24 Bad Alchemy

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:46 AM

4-X
--------
2x AC 2, 2x AC 5, 2x M Laser.

4-D
--------
JJ, 2x shotguns, as many medium lasers that fit.

Enjoy winning a lot of games.

Edited by Bad Alchemy, 20 August 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#25 Wolfenkalt Steinulfsson

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

I dunno. I felt this way before when I first got the mechs. I loved the look of the mech, but I couldn't get them to work for me. I just recently picked it up again, and I am loving the 0XP.
This is my set up with the mech, and as long as you don't face tank solo, it works great for me as a sniper, and a brawler when you need it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bc64ac1909c548d

#26 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

first, i dont like XL in a phract. so i use the stock engine.

i run the muromets with 3 UAC5 and 2 med lasers, the X0 with ECM, AMS, 4 med lasers and a AC20 or 3 med lasers plus a tag and an ac20. dont remember whats in the other one (2X), i think 2 AC10 and med lasers.

the X0 i either stick with the team to do ECM+AMS support and keep clear the assault mech rears or turn off AMS and play boogeyman solo (sneak in, turn off ECM, 1-2 fire when your blocking their rear movement. 40 Points to the rear in no time.). radar deprimation an seismic a must there.

muromets with 3 UAC5 is a terror if you can frontally assault together e.g. with a KGC or Dire.

Keep in mind, two high energy hardpoints also make a good peek... no need to expose. putting a tag in there also is quite funny. the shape blends in well with most environments. 2 ER large or Large pulse go well up there, too.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users