Ever Gotten So Lazy To Deal With A Fresh Active Enemy Assault Mech That You Decided To Just Deliberately Headcap It?

46 replies to this topic

#41 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

See thats backwards. On a DC you go for max damage to pad your paycheck!

I think that the salvage rewards from headshotting an AFK are greater than the damage rewards from tearing it apart. Assuming you win the match that is.

#42 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

had this last week on river city. just shot my double PPCs in the general direction of a dire wolf, i didn't even get the target info. it was the first contact in the match, maybe 10 seconds of fight... and *poof* i got a kill.

I just wtf'd. could only be headshot but still...

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostMrJeffers, on 27 July 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

I think that the salvage rewards from headshotting an AFK are greater than the damage rewards from tearing it apart. Assuming you win the match that is.

guess I'd have to get a chance to find out. Atlases rarely make to the DCs before the fast Mechs. :unsure:

#44 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 26 July 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

OH GOD YES.

In my Gauss Yager, I try to remind myself as much as possible to aim for faces.

Sometimes I feel bad, especially if I punch a hole in a light, but then there are those moments where a DireWolf stands atop a rocky precipice, raining death down upon your team, disdaining to carry out even the barest hint of torso twisting...

Until my carefully aimed gauss splatters their tiny DireBrains all over the DireFloor.

It's especially cathartic if they call you a cheater afterwards.

[WhinyDire]: "OMG I NEVER DIE TO HEADSHOTS IMMA REPORT YOU AAAAAAA"
[Kiiyor]: "You should learn to torso twist. I think there are videos of it on YouTube. Just search for MWO new player guides or something like that."
[Kiiyor]: "You're welcome!"
[WhinyDire]: "&#@$*( &*@#(* %$&#$$^^&@ ^$#^*& $# (##($*$"

Yeah ive gotten into the habit of focusing gauss Jagers if they take a little TOO long aiming at me in my whales. I know those are the ones trying to get headshots.

#45 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 July 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

line up your crosshair right and Cataphracts get Headcapped pretty easy!

Good point, actually.

#46 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

A team mate and I got accused for hacking when we had two headshots in under 6 secs. The funny thing was I was aiming at the torso when the second went down. We were on comms and it was just bad luck on their part. I get head f**k*d in a fresh mech once every 3-4 months. A couple of months ago after a patch our unit noticed a ton more arty headshots, but that went away after 2-3 days and a quick patch, but nothing was said in the notes.

#47 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostTitannium, on 27 July 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

why not 18 ?

Because dual gauss does 30 damage. 15 armor + 15 internal means you can soak 30 damage without your cockpit popping. Unless you get critted, or suffer an ammo explosion.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users