#22 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 July 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Um repeatedly running by someone and then teleporting back and doing it again 10 times in a row whilst taking leg damage is not physics/reality.

Agreed, that was to freaking annoying and all the leg damage was just not called for.

Thanks for the roll back!

#23 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

I was so stoked when I read about the collision changes in the Jul 21 patch notes.

and then...

death after death after death because of TRAGIC new collision physics, but most of all because of people being ABSOLUTELY OBLIVIOUS to any changes and just standing there blocking others 90% of the time.

fixing the way collisions work should be among the top priorities for the dev team, but this case also highlights how important it is to communicate gamebreaking changes like that to the player public.

I'd like to suggest that after every patch, there is a popup IN GAME upon logging in for the first time, summarising any major gameplay changes taking place with the patch.

#24 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

Its not just that fish, i have issues with collision when mechs pas by, i rubber band all over the palce and cant move, even when im standing still

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 29 July 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

I was so stoked when I read about the collision changes in the Jul 21 patch notes.

and then...

death after death after death because of TRAGIC new collision physics, but most of all because of people being ABSOLUTELY OBLIVIOUS to any changes and just standing there blocking others 90% of the time.

fixing the way collisions work should be among the top priorities for the dev team, but this case also highlights how important it is to communicate gamebreaking changes like that to the player public.

I'd like to suggest that after every patch, there is a popup IN GAME upon logging in for the first time, summarising any major gameplay changes taking place with the patch.

this.

hardly many read the forum and the pcthnotes.
This makes amny continue as reckless as always.

#26 Heavenly war

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited States, Michigan

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

insert collision back in when it's an improved version of what the beta had at the very beginning. That's the only time it should be in-game. when it's TESTED and COMPLETED.

#27 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 29 July 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

and then...

See I think Heavenly War has it right... they couldn't tell everyone before hand because they didn't test it properly, if at all.

Releasing it was the test for the patch and it didn't pass obviously.

#28 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Too bad they won't just implement it like they did in Closed Beta. It worked great back then!

#29 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

Totally agree that the pre-patch collision detection was less than ideal, I'm glad that you guys tried to improve it, sorry that it made things worse and had to be reverted.

Patches are typically at least two steps forward but it's rare for a patch in ANY game to not have one step back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users