5 replies to this topic

#1 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:11 AM

MWO is a game with quite a bit of waiting time and with the new distinction of NA and EU servers as well as for specific modes (a step I welcomed) waiting time will likely only increase.

On top of that you need a lot of clicks to change a mech. Personally I lack the patience to do it after every match where I died so I usually wait also in the hangar until the match is over and I can use the same mech again. During all those waiting times my approach is to change to windows, browse the forums, google, etc... just doing something productive instead of staring at the screen.

That's where I wish there would be more notifications. Preferably audio. I'm a War Thunder player where I handle waiting times in the exact same way and they managed to do it right. Audio notification and blinking symbol when you found a game and are ready to begin.

In the current state of MWO you only get a blinking symbol in the task bar (which auto hides at my PC if I don't move the cursor over it) and only at the drop preparation of a match. That still can leave you with over 80 seconds having to wait until the fun starts. Something I typically also don't have the patience for. I'll log back to windows and bam.. you come late to action when the game actually starts sometimes.

So apart from creating a system that allows you to change your active mech with one click my suggestion would be:

- Windows Audio Alert (+blinking MWO taskbar symbol) when a game starts. Not at the Drop Preparation but the moment when the game actually starts.

- Windows Audio Alert (+blinking MWO taskbar symbol) when the mech you currently chose is available to play again.

#2 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Sure, what the hell, they have nothing better to do.

#3 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

You always have something better to do and I could suggest much more "bigger" changes that would be more vital but sometimes the little things can really make a big difference for some.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

Sounds like a faster solution would be for you to disable the "Auto hide" option on your taskbar. Until PGI implements further improvements.

#5 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

Not really. My taskbar still pops up when a symbol starts blinking or otherwise I would change it. An additional acoustic signal would simply be more convenient.

The actual annoying part is in my opinion that it only blinks once at the drop preparation which appears entirely meaningless to me. From that moment on it could still be 80+ seconds until you actually can start. It might just as well be only 13 seconds until everyone is there and the counter suddenly goes down. You'll never know when you're back in windows when you don't want to wait so long. To set the windows alarm at the actual start of the game would improve that.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

I actually get the same problems during wait times, as I tend to alt+tab away and go online while waiting.. so yeah..

Personally, I dont need a sound alarm, but a persistent blinking icon would be nice.. it actually stops blinking after a while, and I miss it blinking sometimes, since I focus on reading or typing or something..

So yeah.. would be useful..

Although, cutting wait times in the first place would be uber useful too.. :P

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 July 2015 - 04:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users