Prove The Devs Are Listening.

5 replies to this topic

Poll: We need to see Developer replies to our suggestions. (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a new Forum Section that shows Dev replies to player suggestions?

1. Yes! I want to see all Dev replies to player suggestions! (25 votes [96.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 96.15%

2. No, I only troll forums. (1 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

As much as we contribute to and read player suggestions to make improvements to this game we all love, we hardly ever see direct replies to our suggestions from the developers of the game. It seems like we are talking to a wall; and when they continually pump out new maps and mechs while players are screaming for meaningful content that would give us a reason to continue playing the game; Planetary Resources to reduce the costs of consumables and mechs, Defendable HQ that is a targetable asset by other units, Solaris and c-bill betting on matches and the ability to view the matches live, and many other additions to the game that would give it a 'cool to play' aura, as opposed to just another arena combat game like counterstrike.

Would you like to see the actual responses that devs have given to specific game additions requested / suggested by players?
Would you like to have them in bright blinky lights up front in the forums where all players could read them? Sure you would, for PGi to do so would be called - "Transparency".

PGI, please organize your responses to player suggestions in a place where we can see them, so the player base knows you are reading them, and what you think about them.

Vote your opinion in the poll.

Thank you.

Edited by Araevin Teshurr, 28 July 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#2 DeRazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

I honestly think you need another option like "The current feedback mechanisms of Dev Outreach and Townhalls are sufficient."

#3 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thanks DeRazer, it's a yes or no question, should dev replies to player suggestions be highlighted as feedback in a seperate forum for all to see or not?

#4 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

The way it seems to me, PGI doesn't have a -real- PM that can interface with customers, and thus they simply put the "community manager" Tina in charge of kind of sort of doing that with the vlogs and Russ kind of sort of doing that with the town halls. Let's not waste development resources on arbitrary feel-good crap.

#5 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:20 AM

It would be nice to get some responses from the Dev's.

Some actual feedback, some sence that they are lisening. But there is none of that..

During the town halls, many IMPORTANT questions were not answered. Who ever picked questions that Russ would answer, behaved like a politician, giving him only easy questions that did not question PGI or their business model. Many things got pushed to opscurity, and PGI and their product got glorified as the best thing since bread came sliced, but many of the issues that most of the community is crying about and that have people litteraly rage quitting the game, didn't even get mentioned.

The Dev Vlogs are a nice view into the inner workings of PGI, and I applaud Tina for this. Actually getting to know a little about the people that make all the cool stuff is amazing.

But they have no direct impact on the greater issues.

They are just the mechanics of a Porsche. They are not the sleezy sales man that makes it overpriced, rediculously unavailable to the common man, nor are they the driver that parks it over two handicapped spaces.

They cannot decide to "not make mech packs cost 80$+ a pop", they are not the ones who decide to "not make a spinning wireframe of a gauss riffle with a ton of descriptive text and historical uses for immersion, becouse 5$ cammo brings home the cheddar".

Such things are not up to them..

And the people such things are up to.. they remain silent.

P.S.

For those of you who didn't get it, I apologise... Feeling really tired of the lack of immersion and trying to find reasones to keep playing the same old over and over again.. (and not wanting to pay rediculous ammounts of real money for anything new)

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 July 2015 - 03:25 AM.

#6 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

It wouldn't be a thing unheard of to have a forum manager but I am not sure it would actually change things. The lack of change and some bugs in the game have made me more reluctant about spending more money into MWO. Also B33f posted a very interesting video. I guess the NDA was revoked and it looks like MWO will be up for big updates. It's also a good idea to keep an eye on Sidestrafe's channel for info about Battletech-related games.

Edited by Vegalas, 30 December 2015 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users