Poll: Let's Have 8V8 For Solo-Queue.

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Let's make Solo-Q better experience for pugs. (172 member(s) have cast votes)

8v8 for Solo-Q!

1. Voted Yes. (121 votes [70.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.35%

2. Voted No. (51 votes [29.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.65%

Vote

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

There are several game issues we can alleviate by switching back to 8v8 in Solo-Q.

1. Reducing combatant numbers per match from 24 to 16 will mean there will be more matches happening at the same time, and making it easier for MM to find someone who have similar Elo as you. Wait time will also decrease.

2. TTK will increase due to less people shooting at a single target, on average. I also remember back in 8v8 there were much less deathballing compared to 12v12.

3. Needless to say, FPS performance should be better in a match with less people in it. Which means more players will be able to play this resource hogging MWO on their rigs--which will boost population.

I am not advocating that we should go back to 8v8 on all modes, just for Solo-Q. It will also help players to better show off their personal skills and contribute more towards the match, and rely less on potatoes.

Note: Naturally 8v8 will have higher rewards to account for less amount of mechs destroyed. Paul might try to cheat us out of C-Bill rewards, like he did when 12v12 was introduced, but we will keep a sharp eye on it, along with our torches and pitchforks.

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 19 August 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#2 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

[mod]PGI announced an official poll sometime in the future.
Therefore I am closing this poll.[/mod]

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 19 August 2017 - 01:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users