1 reply to this topic

#1 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

For one reason I never invest money into MMO premium accounts, even for games I enjoy and like to see supported: I detest the feeling that once my premium time is running, I feel more or less forced to play as much as I can to make the best out of the investment. It leaves the feeling in me that I'm somewhat giving a game control over my life, sparetime and habits which I find utterly unpleasant. On the other hand when I tried to take the approach that I just do my everyday stuff the way I'd do without premium I feel like I'm wasting money as every day not spent gaming is a day you've thrown your money out of the window for nothing.

In the end this quickly resulted in my conviction that I'd never pay for premium times in any of such games anymore.

Yet since I still enjoy playing this game but would like to advance faster to make the most out of my invested lifetime I want to suggest an new/additional premium time model, I'd actually pay money for:

"Pay only for the time you actually play"-Premium
(in the further text called Nova-Premium)

The idea is simple: You pay for premium time just as you can do it right now but it only depletes in the time you're actually in a match. Not during the time you're in the Mechbay. Not during the time you're not even at home.

This system could be additional to the current system. When you pay you can chose which one you prefer and like to buy.

Since you get more out of 24 premium hours this way than regular 24h of premium my suggestion would be that for the price that 15 days of current premium would cost you'd get 2 1/2 days of nova premium. That's 1/6th of what you would get out of classic premium, an equivalent to 4 hours a day. Even 1/8th a.k.a. 3 hours would still be acceptable in my opinion.

This way those players who see this game as their favorite and play A LOT still profit the most from buying classic premium while occasional players like me, which still want to make the most out of their invested time, could also invest into premium time without having second thoughts about the sense of this investment. No one would feel offended as everyone is free to chose the model that suits his playing style the most.

For the developers this would simply mean one more source of income as people who'd only pay for nova premium are easily more vital to the aim of funding the game than people who'd buy no premium at all.

#2 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

It would be the only way I'd pay for Prem Time, Hell.. the P time I won I wasn't able to use even because I just have other things to do that do not let me play the game every day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users