So, Who Broke The Collisions? Please Fix.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

With this last patch, people just run into you and strip 1-4% of total armor off of the legs with each hit. Then you teleport back and forth, so your mech takes multiple hits with each collision. So the new thing is to wreck lights and mediums just by continual ramming. I have been tk'd just by dropping from the dropship in River City, because I team mate's mech spawned in the same spot as mine. FIX please.

Edit:
Had a lance mate hit my Arctic Cheetah with an Awesome at a low speed collision. It did 6% damage to one leg. 210 armor points = roughly 12 points of damage. This is almost as bad a being hit with a gauss and much easier.

Edited by Wolf Clearwater, 28 July 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:49 AM

Dropship drops of mechs in the same place is a bug, capture it and send it to support reporting the bug.

Now, about collisions:

If you pilot a light mech you should know better than to be in the way of the heavier and less nimble mechs.
Collisions happen, but they happen often if a light mech pilot thinks he can run around freely zooming between all the mechs or standing still in the pathway of the team and almost nothing happening to his armor when he crashes into others or others crash into him...

Yeah a collision takes some good damage and that's the way it should be. After all you are being hit with a force and mass multiple times your mech's...

Also, I DO pilot light mechs and I DO know how there are too many things to be fixed properly on light mechs before even considering collision damage correction.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:00 AM

everything was fine in the matches we had, maybe stop piloting it like a auto scooter? Those times are over.

PGI needs to add a half tonnage equipment piece called "rubber bumper" that reduces collision damage by 90% to the section its equipped. So that people like you can not derp around :P

#4 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

I am not the one running into people. If you run me over because you cannot pay attention, why should I lose a leg?

#5 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

So is it my fault that enemy mechs use this bug to kill my mechs? "Not a good shot? no problem, ramming gets kills faster"

#6 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

RAMMING SPEED!!

#7 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

Ramming and even Jumping on mechs are a valid tactic , though i do think some adjustments need to be made to lights, not to collisions.

To be blunt and truley honest what needs to happen is people need to be adjusted... or more accuratly people need to learn situational awareness and not block paths of their light allies and not to block heavier mechs from backing up, your not the only mech on the battlefield leave room for allies to move around a little, I still wish I could step on and break any lights that stand in my Direwolfs way enemie or otherwise because it's a little annoying that a 100 ton mech can't knock a 20-40 mech down onto it's face and step on it.

Edited by KursedVixen, 29 July 2015 - 06:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users