- - - - -

Hiya Guys

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zepheran

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

Hey guys, I'm a new player just started playing today. I'm like 12 matches in( and actually winning some! :D) haha. Still a total noob but going off of what I know from MW1 and 2. Was wondering if theres a way to find groups to play with in MWO or if you were just able to add people you've already played with.

#2 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Best thing to do is go over to the factions forum once you have your cadet matches in and find a unit to train and play with. Really will up your skill lvl if you do. Welcome to the game!

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Welcome. I have some videos to help out new players. Check them out if you like they may answer some of your questions.

https://www.youtube....M5iZBc94hAMs8HD

#4 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Welcome to the game! As Rhavin said check out the faction forums and see if there are groups there that would work for you. Also, check out the various faction team speak channels listed over at the faction forums (I think). You can usually find people who will let you tag along on some drops and get to know them. Also, if you have any questions just bring them here to the forums and ask. There are a lot of helpful people here and no question is a dumb one. MWO has a steep learning curve so get all the help you can ;)

Edited by 3xnihilo, 30 July 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#5 Nayonac

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 81 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKorriban

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

LFG option, find people to play with see if you like them and maybe they are in a clan and can introduce you to others ;)
Else the forum has lots of recruiting threads around. Pick a faction and go ask in the relevant forum

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

there are a large number of player run units, many of them would be happy to help you improve and will offer you a specific group of people to drop with on a regular basis, most units seem to have between about 50 and 300 members.

here is a link to the community Warfare forums containing recruitment threads for most units who are recruiting,
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/
the faction is only really relevant if you plan on playing Community Warfare, if you join a Merc Corp your unit will take contracts with all the factions, if you join an Inner Sphere house loyalest unit or Clan unit you will only be playing for the one faction.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 31 July 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#7 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

To add people you played with you gotta remember their names. Take a screenshot at the end of the match and just manually add them later or message them in the forums. Just don't make it seem like you are stalking them! :lol:

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostElizander, on 31 July 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

To add people you played with you gotta remember their names. Take a screenshot at the end of the match and just manually add them later or message them in the forums. Just don't make it seem like you are stalking them! :lol:

Unless you're using a third party program or are using window to "Full window" modes, screenshots are stored in a really weird place.

C:\Users\WindowsUserNameHere\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots

#9 Zepheran

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

Thanks guys, seems like an amazing community so far. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users