2 replies to this topic

#1 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Since adding a penalty for team fire would be a bad thing for a number of reasons. Could it be possible to add a nice bonus for mechs that did zero team damage, either by weapons or collision like leg bumping. This would encourage people to be more careful in matches.

You could make a a sliding scale, the more damage you do to the enemy team, without causing team damage the more of a bonus you would get, if you just sat there doing nothing the whole match and did zero damage you would get zero rewards.

It would have to be something half way tidy or people would either ignore it or not bother.

Just an idea.

Edited by Balvier, 29 July 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#2 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

While I'd like to not get friendly leg damage every match I'm not sure how you would balance this to be something positive. If it is just a bonus for no friendly damage you would get a bonus for just running away and hiding the whole match or just running straight at the enemy and die without firing a shot, or even being AFK...

Sometimes, a bit of team damage is a necessary evil; if you're bunched up behind a friendly and an enemy appears in front of you you may need to start firing before you can get a completely free field of fire lest the enemy kills you both one at a time. So in this instance thinking about the bonus may be counter productive towards helping your friend in front, you may actually save him by shooting him in the back :D

Edited by Yellonet, 29 July 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#3 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostYellonet, on 29 July 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

While I'd like to not get friendly leg damage every match I'm not sure how you would balance this to be something positive. If it is just a bonus for no friendly damage you would get a bonus for just running away and hiding the whole match or just running straight at the enemy and die without firing a shot, or even being AFK...

Sometimes, a bit of team damage is a necessary evil; if you're bunched up behind a friendly and an enemy appears in front of you you may need to start firing before you can get a completely free field of fire lest the enemy kills you both one at a time. So in this instance thinking about the bonus may be counter productive towards helping your friend in front, you may actually save him by shooting him in the back :D

You could make a a sliding scale, the more damage you do to the enemy team, without causing team damage the more of a bonus you would get, if you just sat there doing nothing the whole match and did zero damage you would get zero rewards. (will add to op)

I just get tired of getting half blown away due to people behind me firing through me so they can kill the mech im fighting to get that all important kill point.

Edited by Balvier, 29 July 2015 - 09:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users