Cerppc Hitreg?

7 replies to this topic

#1 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

This may seem like an odd thing to have noticed - but I'm playing with C-ERPPC lately, and have noticed that hit registration seems off.

I'll get a red reticule for a hit, but the mech's paperdoll won't show damage. Occasionally, i'll get hits but no feedback (I'm on target, the target takes damage, but no red reticule or big particle burst effect on hit, on my screen).

Something seems to have changed with PPC hitreg.

Also: On game startup, the system now spins up the DVD. I can't think of a reason MWO should do that, but it does nonetheless.

Edited by JonahGrimm, 26 July 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

Here I was just assuming CERPPC were just terrible weapons. Had had this happen to an extent as well, but just put it down to them being not very good, so I swapped em out for other weapons types.

To be fair, a lot of things in game are broken right now having to do with HSR it seems, so it might just be another part of that. I'll be highly shocked if we don't have a hotfix by mon-tues with the level of issues people have been experiencing this weekend.

#3 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

It's funny - my favorite mech, even with the CERPPC issues, has become the Shadow Cat with just a pair of the lightning cannons. :) Even /with/ the trouble, it's still pulling very reasonable damage numbers and doing fairly horrid things from the edges.

I think the issue is obvious for me, though, as those are the only guns on the chassis. Sometimes they're perfect... other times, you run across the dire wolf that took /seventeen/ ERPPC blasts to the right torso before someone else came along and killed it.

Not sure what's going on - but I've also had it on my end, too - occasionally, half my armor just falls off without any indication of cause (no laser sounds, no hit indicator, no PPC hit noise - it never seems to do this with ballistics), and I've eaten at least a dozen PPC blasts to the face without discernable effect.

It's definitely a thing, but I can't quantify how much of a thing. It doesn't even seem to be consistent throughout a match, though I /have/ been playing with a higher-than-normal ping (137) having moved to the european servers almost exclusively.

My usual ping on the N. American servers is under 40 - but I've had the issue to a lesser extent there, as well.

#4 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

All ppc have had terrible hit reg now with hit reg "fix" my cerppc fire right through mechs far to frequently

#5 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I also had ERPPC issues. Not very much, but some.

#6 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

Its not just ER PPC for clans. It's regular ppcs and IS ER ppcs as well. The shots are passing through the target and not registering.

#7 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

I AM SURE I HAVE 100 % PERFECT HITREG ON CERPPCS on both eu and na servers.

is normal ppcs create problems to me though: i think 40% of damage i do is not registered.

#8 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:30 AM

View PostJonahGrimm, on 26 July 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

This may seem like an odd thing to have noticed - but I'm playing with C-ERPPC lately, and have noticed that hit registration seems off.

I'll get a red reticule for a hit, but the mech's paperdoll won't show damage. Occasionally, i'll get hits but no feedback (I'm on target, the target takes damage, but no red reticule or big particle burst effect on hit, on my screen).

Something seems to have changed with PPC hitreg.

Also: On game startup, the system now spins up the DVD. I can't think of a reason MWO should do that, but it does nonetheless.

I can't speak for hit reg, but there still exist where the paper doll doesn't flash when it should, namely when you hit a target when the doll is currently flashing but nearly finished. The targetting reticle had the exact same bug, and I've reported both multiple times, so it's a bit odd that they weren't fixed together.

Edited by Troutmonkey, 30 July 2015 - 04:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users