Organizing: regularly available (min 10hrs/week) in evenings & weekends as measured in Pacific Time Zone (PST)

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hello,
All of the organizing threads I saw seemed to miss a key factor: similar availability.

If you are regularly available during the evenings & weekends in pacific standard time zone (PST) then sound off in this thread. Note that your local time zone does not have to be PST, you just have to be available evenings and weekends as defined by PST.

Ideally each person should include the following info in their response:

Call-sign:
Preferred Role:
Secondary Role(s):
Relevant Experience:
Personality:
Expected Availability:
Ideal Lancemates:

For example, my profile would be:

Call-sign: Hax
Preferred Role: Scout
Secondary Roles: Sniper; Tactical Coordinator; Fire Support (ie missile platform)
Relevant Experience: table-top BattleTech; all BattleTech/MechWarrior PC titles
Personality: fun-oriented; helpful; resourceful; & willing to make sacrifices for goals (but not eager to)
Expected Availability: 10-25hrs per week (married with full-time work & want to keep both ;-) )
Ideal Lancemates: fun-loving & solid teamwork skills

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Call-sign: Durant Carlyle
Preferred Role: Medium FIYAPOWA!™
Secondary Role(s): Heavy FIYAPOWA!™
Relevant Experience: Tabletop, PC titles starting with MW2, MegaMek. Note: Single-player only for PC titles. I wasn't into multi-player games back then.
Personality: Casual player (might change once the game actually gets here), prefer straight forward tactics, willing to die to achieve goals.
Expected Availability: 9PM-1AM PST on a regular basis, sometimes also 7AM-11AM. I work in retail, so it depends on my schedule.
Ideal Lancemates: Team players working together to achieve the shared goal, whatever that might be. No Rambos allowed.

Note on Roles: I have no idea what I'll like to play, as some of the things this game does haven't been done before in a 'Mech game. It also depends on what 'Mechs are available. Right now the only 'Mechs I know for sure I'll be piloting are the Cataphract and Centurion (and I'll be spending at least some time in the Founder's 'Mechs, since I'll likely be buying the Legendary package).

#3 Daniel Hendrix

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Call-sign: Sarge
Preferred Role: Juggernaut
Secondary Role(s): Sniper
Relevant Experience: All MW Games but a bit rusty. Nevertheless put me on 100 tons and watch me go.
Personality: Friendly with a touch of dry humor, serious when in the heat of things.
Expected Availability: Nights after 7 pm and weekends.
Ideal Lancemates: I accept anyone who are good teammemebers adn can commincate to me.

Also Hax, Vancouver? Nice to meet you bro, nice to see someone else in BC on here.

Edited by Daniel Hendrix, 06 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#4 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Call-sign: Zectorman
Preferred Role: Skirmisher
Secondary Role(s): Heavy
Relevant Experience: MechAssault ;)
Personality: Upbeat, like to joke around, Straightforward, but when in a fight im very competitive, and have been know to curse in such situations.
Expected Availability: 6 pm- 1 am PST (Im a student who has nothing but time, subject to change during return to college)
Ideal Lancemates: Friendly individuals that like having a good time but still play to win. I wouldn't mind doing a little rp here and there either, im open to the idea of immersing myself in this universe.

#5 Xytaglyph

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Callsign: Xytaglyph
Preferred Role: medium brawler
Secondary Roles: scout or heavy brawler
Relevant Experience: MW4 vengance, Black Knight, ALL other MW4 junk, Mechassault, and some tabletop
Personality: jokey/slightly trolly on occassion but is very serious about certain games and gaming
Expected Availability: From now until September: All day everyday. Once school begins in September: after 230 pm pst and all day on weekends.
Ideal Lancemates: people that I can count on to do their job and if they cant then speak up about it. Also people who do it because they like/love it not just because their friend is FWL or whatever.

#6 Sola Fide

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Call-sign: Sola Fide
Preferred Role(s): I'm what you might call an "all-rounder", I can adapt to whatever role is nesesary to help the team. That, and there’s no role I don’t like playing.
Relevant Experience: MW2-4 for pc and MechAssault (I know, but I saw "mech" in the name and had to play it. :huh: ).
Personality: Laid back, straightforward, and highly competitive
Expected Availability: 8pm-1am through the week.
Ideal Lancemates: I get along with most people. However, I prefer playing with team players and people who aren't going to throw a fit if they lose.

#7 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Sola Fide, are you Marik or Davion? You have a Davion sign and you are trying to organize with the Marik's. No disrespect I am just trying to figure it out.

#8 Fearful

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationXanadu

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Call-sign: Fearful/Decker/Some1better/Mister E.
Preferred Role: Front line or Flanker
Secondary Roles: Scout
Relevant Experience: Table-top BattleTech since '85. Most of the B-tech games up till married life took over
Personality: jovial old curmudgeon
Expected Availability: 10ish hours per week for a while... Brand new baby keeps play time down for a while
Ideal Lancemates: Mature but fun

Edited by Fearful, 20 July 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#9 General Godmode

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Call-sign: God
Preferred Role: TANK HEAVY WEAPONS AND ARMOR
Secondary Roles: SNIPER
Relevant Experience: Everything under the sun played EVERY MW game and tabletop. I consider myself a professional gamer.
Personality: God complex
Expected Availability: 6pm-1am EST
Ideal Lancemates: ONLY HARDCORE GAMERS WHO PLAY TO WIN EVERY TIME. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ERROR. I AM ELITE!

Edited by General Godmode, 20 July 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#10 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Call-sign: Ajion
Preferred Role: Whatever works best
Secondary Role(s): i am flexible, can be and do anything
Relevant Experience: All BattleTech/MechWarrior PC titles
Personality: Fun/ Serious/ resourceful, respectful, go beyond call of duty, carefree at times
Expected Availability: 10 hours for sure, can pull 40 hours if i want to but i would rather not.
Ideal Lancemates: Know what they are doing.

#11 InVivoMortis

• PipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Call-sign: InVivoMortis
Preferred Role: Fire Support
Secondary Role(s): Skirmisher
Relevant Experience: Mechwarrior PC games (starting with the first, ending with MW4 and it's expansions), MPBT3025.
Personality: Easygoing, fun, focused and resourceful
Expected Availability: 10 hours or more
Ideal Lancemates: People looking to enjoy the game and to represent House Marik with pride and respect. People looking to have fun and play to win.

#12 Grym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

Call-sign: Grym
Preferred Role: Medium Brawler
Secondary Role(s): Heavy/Assault
Relevant Experience: All Mechwarrior titles, first time multiplayer experience for a mechwarrior title.
Personality: Highly caffinated
Expected Availability: 10pm - 4am PST mon-fri All hours on Sat-Sun
Ideal Lancemates: Looking for late night lancemates. Minimal drama a plus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users