#1 VanguardMk1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDid you check your rear?

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hello there, fellow MechWarriors.

Tiny suggestion that may or may not have been asked before. There's artillery strikes and there's air strikes and each has a different button. However, you can't have both on the same mech, so what's the purpose of having 2 buttons if 1 button would work too? IMO it serves no purpose to divide them and they both should be able to be activated by a single button.

I know I'm lazy, but this shouldn't be hard to be implemented and could be useful.

#2 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:15 AM

There's specific buttons for each type of thing?

I just use the consumable 1 and consumable 2 buttons.

#3 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

What Narcissistic said. Just bind your keys to module slot 1 / 2. There was also a time where you could equip both.

#4 Haike

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

I too use module consumable 1 or 2. Mapped it to F1 F2, cant go wrong. also doesnt require me to memorise each specific consumable keybind

#5 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, esp if you equip Arty and CoolShot on first mech and CoolShot and Arty on the second -_-

#6 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

With my limited brain capacity, I need each button to activate a specific consumable. I recently tried just using the standard buttons and it was a nightmare. I was launching airstrikes on my own location to cool off, firing UAVs at my enemy and communicating with my team via coolshots. If I came under fire, my mech would launch balloons or eject a badger in a random direction. Every time I panicked, a random device would be activated as I frantically searched for the right button, like I was Zorg choking on a cherry.

Right now, I'm using '1' for coolshot, '2' for airstrike. 'U' for UAV and '5' for artillery.

#7 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 01 August 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

There's specific buttons for each type of thing?

I just use the consumable 1 and consumable 2 buttons.

Yep. The old functionality didn't actually go away. I still use it because then I don't have to think about what mech I'm in and I don't have to worry about what order I load consumables. I've totally unbound the slots to avoid misfires and reduce screen noise.

@OP: I wrote a macro that fires one then the other .005 seconds later and bound it to one key. If you have that capability, it's an easy solution.

Edited by Terciel1976, 01 August 2015 - 08:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users