Anyone Else Remember? - Quirks

9 replies to this topic

#1 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

That it was posted quirks would not be used to nerf anything? I do, they were only supposed to be used to buff the low end mechs towards the upper tier.

Funny how things change and bandage after bandage has come to cover festering wounds eh?

#2 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

That was just their position at the time.

It's a PGI thing.

#3 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

They tried. And then everyone started crying about how the quirks are too high! Why do you think that is? Because 3 mechs set a very high standard and some IS mechs can't reach that standard without those quirks.

Hopefully now they'll stop handicapping themselves. And use all of the tools they have available. Instead of trying to spare the feelings of the playerbase. If you're playing an online PvP game. Prepare to be nerfed from time to time.

#4 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

lol it will change back in a month dont worry.... - I have to admit I have never seen such a mess with a Dev team for a game like this.. It rivals SWG back in the day... and we know how that game ended up... biggest IP ever.. "Oh it wont get shut down"... lol

.................. I rest that case

#5 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah...I really wish they would seriously just STOP listening to the community and internally balance these things, using actual statistics and a spectator tool to watch public matches and see how things go. Every time they listen to the community massive imbalance swings through and keeps digging this game further into the ditch. IGP was originally the issue, but I feel like PGI could actually do some good if they stopped bending to the whim of the whining player base constantly.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 August 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

That it was posted quirks would not be used to nerf anything? I do, they were only supposed to be used to buff the low end mechs towards the upper tier.

Funny how things change and bandage after bandage has come to cover festering wounds eh?

Yeah. It happens. It was a dumb promise to make, but not exactly "no new taxes". The most intelligent forms of balance, require nerfing and buffing outliers, not the ridiculous power creep that one gets from solely buffing everything to chase the pinnacle.

Better to recognize a bad idea, and move on, than stick to a stupid course of action because you said so.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

<.<
>.>

#8 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

Look happy to listen to your concerns but you're on a bit of an island there bud the quirks are in the best place they have been all game. :ph34r:

Edited by Mors Draco, 01 August 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#9 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

It's more a "every Online Game Dev in existence" thing.

#10 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

Fear not, there's going to be a new tier system nicknamed "PGI is going to make this cake and you're going to taste it weather you want to or not and review so that they can make it better" also better known as PGI IGTMTCAYGTWYWONARSTTCMB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users