Xp On Assaults

22 replies to this topic

#21 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

ok just a short answer to all you guys...

1. i'm slow, i can't get solo kills or "kills most damage" all the time.. i simply can do nothing until i reach the front.. in this case mostly the faster mechs did alot of damage before..

2. WHEN i'm finally there, most of the enemies are damaged and engaging other assaults or worse clan assaults isn't all about inflicting ALOT of damage but inflicting damage to components wich i can blow off fast to avoid getting ripped... so there comes my 400 damage and the kills from the screen above.. Sure i could inflict double the damage IF i get the time and everybody else ignores me. To take somebody ST out and kill him while he's mounting an xl is imho better than spread alle the damage to his whole mech, dying with 300 damage and barely getting the opponent yellow cored on one part ;)

3. I do move as soon as the game starts and try to get into a good position, i don't sit afk behind scratching my nuts doing nothing like some asses do and the vulture the kills, i fight as soon as i can. But, again, as soon as i reach the fight, the enemy is almost good damaged and it just needs a few torso twisting and shots to take one out.

4. I do use long range weapons mixed with short/medium ones, doesnt matter anyway if i waste my gauss shots on 700m or further to do 5 point of damage and reach the front with only 5 shots left ;)

thanks for all the advice, i think, i'm a good pilot and after 2 years or more off playing, i know almost everything how to play. It just makes me a bit angry to leave the match with such a low XP while leaving the match with a light/medium i almost get double XP (without first win of the day)..

#22 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

Just to give an idea of how much those solo kills can mean, this match was a first of the day, so keep that in mind, but before the 2x I had 1,905xp. Similar damage, less kills, but two of them were solo kills.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 August 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

Not all Assault mechs are equal. The slow ones, like the Highlander and the Dire Wolf, have a hard time being in the right position at all times. Which means you get robbed of a lot of bonuses, like savior kills, spotting bonuses and assists.

In this particular case, it looks like you rarely got the 'most damage done' bonus, you didn't destroy too many components, you didn't get too many 'solo kill' bonuses or 'brawling' bonuses and you really didn't do too much damage. If the victory was a roflstomp, you probably didn't get too many 'savior kill' bonuses, because your teammates were in good shape.

That being said.... the Paulconomy needs to change before Steam release.
As an Atlas with stock 300 engine, I stay with my fellow Plodders and get those bonuses easily.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users