Making Flamer A "shotgun"

No replies to this topic

#1 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

The Flamer is, without a doubt, a sad, sad weapon. It generates more heat on the user than the target, has short range, deals almost no damage--and it LOOKS AWESOME!

Seriously, it looks absolutely amazing. I still dream of a day where I can boat Flamers on a Light and actually be able to contribute to my team. So in the meantime, here are some ideas that might work.

Flamer is a very low damage weapon. But low damage wouldn't be too bad if it at least hits multiple places at the same time. I suggest that:
1) Flamer hits everything in the visible cone. Heck, it could even go through a mech to hit its back.
1.1) Make Flamer capable of hitting cockpit. I was testing it on the Training Ground today only to discover that since the Flamer only hit point, it's actually damn near impossible to hit the cockpit. At least being able to roast the pilot in normally lightly armored cockpit would be nice.

2) Make Flamer spread the damage to nearby body parts. If you hit CT, make it so the Flamer picks a nearby component ever 0.1 second to deal damage to as well.

If you roast multiple parts at the same time, it should be possible for the spread damage to eventually add up to a decent amount.

So to sum it up, even 0.8dps (that's the Flamer's DPS, right?) could add up if it can hit 3 places at once. It's not as useful as 2.4 damage on a single component, but it's way the heck more fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users