A Quirk Suggestion For Unusually Fast 'mechs.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

I'm a firm believer that 'mechs that are privileged to move very fast for their tonnage weight should include a quirk combination of less acceleration, deceleration, torso twist, or turning speed. I'm absolutely serious about these negative quirks.

Movement archetypes just aren't enough when it turns out that specific heavy or even assault 'mechs can still perform almost just as well in terms of maneuverability in most scenarios. So if we want medium (and some light mechs) to maintain a mobile advantage over heavy 'mechs. Then I think a lot of us will want to decrease it's mobility in specific but vital areas.

If this were to happen, much heavier mechs like the gargoyle can still maintain their top speed of 81 KPH but they will reach their top speed a lot more slower than a kintaro, therefore a kintaro is faster than a gargoyle.

There are even some discrepancies among lights. It's true, that a locust is more mobile than a firestarter but it's still not enough mobility to outrun a firestarter before heavy damage or destruction occours. And since firestarters have some pretty high damage alphas, A firestarter can usually outperform a lot of light 'mechs. Yes, even a 35 ton mech can use an acceleration decrease.

That's not all though. I think certain heavy mechs are able to acquire targets a little to easily. An example would be if a player is in a spider and I manage to land some hits in one of it's rear torsos, a combination of it's turning rate and torso twist speed allows it to return fire in nearly two seconds. That's usually not enough time to inflict more than a few shots, before a light pilot has to move and find a new target.

#2 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

I realise that this post has been submitted twice and for simplicity sake, I will be using this one specifically. And hope a moderator removes other one.

Edited by Livaria, 04 August 2015 - 08:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users