So i'm new to this game so give a recap what this faction is all about

#2 gabriel possenti

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON, CAN

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

That post is so detailed in its questioning that it blows my mind. I'm flabbergasted. Well-played, sir, well-played.

#3 Saviger

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=House+Davion

#4 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

There's a good story behind every House/Faction. I'll be brief, very brief. (this is also biased by my beliefs & thoughts)
Davion = The last great leader 'Hanse Davion' had a long feud w/House Kurita (they've been mortal enemies). then the Clans came & invaded Kuritan space. Takashi Kurita & Hanse Davion made an agreement....no Davion forces would invade Kuritian worlds as long a Clans were a threat, so Takashi would move elite units to fight Smoke Jaguar.
Kurita = Noble and ruthless warriors. Death before Dishonor. Loyal friend, deadly enemy. Views Mercanaries as honorless people but learned to be friendly to Davion. (of course there are die hards who don't feel this is good on both sides of Davion & Kurtian line)
Liao = treacherous and ruthless. Sent a brainwashed doppleganger in place of Hanse Davion to support Liao causes.
Marik = Powerful but always fighting amounst themselves.
Steiner = once part of Federate Commonwealth (Davion/Steiner united in Marriage) Kathrine, (Victor Davion's sister and daughter of Hanse Davion & Melissa Steiner) took the Steiner portion of the realm and tried to kill Victor and his loyal friends & supporters in numerous ways through subtly & espionage and even stole Davion portion of the Fed Comm throne when Victor was away fighting in Clan space.
There are a lot of things I'm sure I'm missing but I personally prefer :
Davion or Kurita, then Marik, with Steiner and Liao tied for last.

#5 Saviger

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Escuse me, why was the word Davion in the same picture as that atlas, i believe you meant to put "Steiner" there

#7 Saviger

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSkadi, on 05 July 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Escuse me, why was the word Davion in the same picture as that atlas, i believe you meant to put "Steiner" there

Your forget your history, House Davion and Steiner are on friendly terms this point of the timeline. While not the Fed-Com yet, but working closely together.

#8 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostSaviger, on 05 July 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Your forget your history, House Davion and Steiner are on friendly terms this point of the timeline. While not the Fed-Com yet, but working closely together.

shouldn't you be busy assisting the perpetration of a massive fraud around the death of a child? or is that next week?

Edited by Endless Ike, 05 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#9 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostSaviger, on 05 July 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

"To many Pictures"

I thought that was rather witty and it made my night. Thanks!

#10 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 05 July 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

shouldn't you be busy assisting the perpetration of a massive fraud around the death of a child? or is that next week?

View PostEndless Ike, on 05 July 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

You know how messy things get if they're rushed.

#11 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Quick (and biased) recap of the factions:

Davion: Mostly about liberty. Very well trained/elite/high quality troops! My favorite.

Kurita: Klingon-esque Japanese Samurai faction. All about honor n' stuff. Kinda cool.

Steiner: Stuck up rich kids of BattleTech. Too much money and they do their Recon with Assault Mechs. Ugh.

Liao: Retarded Communist Chinese police state. God, I hate those.

Marik: Democracy. RAWR.

#12 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostMechRaccoon, on 05 July 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Quick (and biased) recap of the factions:

Davion: Mostly about liberty. Very well trained/elite/high quality troops! My favorite.

Kurita: Klingon-esque Japanese Samurai faction. All about honor n' stuff. Kinda cool.

Steiner: Stuck up rich kids of BattleTech. Too much money and they do their Recon with Assault Mechs. Ugh.

Liao: Retarded Communist Chinese police state. God, I hate those.

Marik: Democracy. RAWR.

HEY! You forgot:

FRR: Space Vikings of Awesomeness (never surrender!)

St. Ives Compact (currently unplayable, sadly): where all the cool Liao kids hang out. Super-best friends with Davions.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 06 July 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#13 ShadowFlash

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lolololol

#14 zzzuk

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationISN News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostDaUgh1701, on 05 July 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

There's a good story behind every House/Faction. I'll be brief, very brief. (this is also biased by my beliefs & thoughts)
Davion = The last great leader 'Hanse Davion' had a long feud w/House Kurita (they've been mortal enemies). then the Clans came & invaded Kuritan space. Takashi Kurita & Hanse Davion made an agreement....no Davion forces would invade Kuritian worlds as long a Clans were a threat, so Takashi would move elite units to fight Smoke Jaguar.
Kurita = Noble and ruthless warriors. Death before Dishonor. Loyal friend, deadly enemy. Views Mercanaries as honorless people but learned to be friendly to Davion. (of course there are die hards who don't feel this is good on both sides of Davion & Kurtian line)
Liao = treacherous and ruthless. Sent a brainwashed doppleganger in place of Hanse Davion to support Liao causes.
Marik = Powerful but always fighting amounst themselves.
Steiner = once part of Federate Commonwealth (Davion/Steiner united in Marriage) Kathrine, (Victor Davion's sister and daughter of Hanse Davion & Melissa Steiner) took the Steiner portion of the realm and tried to kill Victor and his loyal friends & supporters in numerous ways through subtly & espionage and even stole Davion portion of the Fed Comm throne when Victor was away fighting in Clan space.
There are a lot of things I'm sure I'm missing but I personally prefer :
Davion or Kurita, then Marik, with Steiner and Liao tied for last.

You forgot to mention the Free Rasalhague Republic, formed by the former nordic nations of Terra. They have strong disgust against mercenaries and against "medieval" form of government with one leader. Although being smallest of the IS nations, they are the greatest democracy of Battletech universe and will die defending their hard-earned freedom.

#15 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brilliance!!!!!

#16 Rorusbass

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBelow MSL

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostShadowFlash, on 05 July 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's a bunch of people who feel great about themselves, feeling righteous and all while not being any better then the others

Steiner is a bunch of rich kids playing with big toys

Kurita is all about "the way of the warrior" and the likes

Marik is the one with actual freedom, though this causes people to smash each others heads in aswell

The space vikings are allright, but get hit soonish by the clans

Liao is depicted as the evil one, but with free healthcare, education etc. it's one of the few thats "honest about playing dirty" so to speak, also we fight for the people instead of ourselves.

#17 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostShadowFlash, on 05 July 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Marry sues, faction every noob plays as and horribly stereotypic: "Oh, yeah, I'm a SUPERMAN!" characters.

There you go... you can thank me later. :D

#18 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostAdridos, on 06 July 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Marry sues, faction every noob plays as and horribly stereotypic: "Oh, yeah, I'm a SUPERMAN!" characters.

There you go... you can thank me later. :)

Yes... don't forget highly egotistical as a whole. I already posted this response to that pic on another thread but here it is again, most of the oppressed that join our ranks are usually from the Federated Suns... what irony.

#19 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

What gives, Serevn? Not enough to do in your own forums, so you have to glom here?

:)

#20 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 07 July 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

What gives, Serevn? Not enough to do in your own forums, so you have to glom here?

:)

Na just wondering why there you guys feel the need to post that pic everywhere, could it be an attempt to inflate egos?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users