So What Is The Point Of The Mist Lynx Now That The Ac Literally Does Everything Better?

Balance BattleMechs

428 replies to this topic

#401 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

Exchange the hardwired CAP in the head with a hardwired ECM@1 ton. That should already help alot.

#402 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 17 August 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Exchange the hardwired CAP in the head with a hardwired ECM@1 ton. That should already help alot.

Yeahhhh.... It might make it more viable ECM wise, but there's still no reason for me to pick it over the ACH. Even the tonnage difference isn't enough.

Then again, it would allow you to strap SRMs on both arms again.

#403 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

On the topic of the ACH replacing the MLX, I just remembered something...

There were also two other mechs that were built for just that. Fire Falcon and Hellion.

So, that gives us not one, not two, but THREE different mechs that were designed to obsolete the Poor Lil Lynx.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fire_Falcon
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hellion
http://www.sarna.net...Cheetah_(Hankyu)

It's like even FASA themselves knew that the Koshi was a horribad robbit, so they tried to cover it up with the three mechs above... Planned obsolescence is sad. :(

Edited by FupDup, 17 August 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#404 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 August 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

There were also two other mechs that were built for just that. Fire Falcon and Hellion.

So, that gives us not one, not two, but THREE different mechs that were designed to obsolete the Poor Lil Lynx.

It's like even FASA themselves knew that the Koshi was a horribad robbit, so they tried to cover it up with the three mechs above... Planned obsolescence is sad. :(

3 Strikes, the MLX is OWWWWWWWWWWWWT.

#405 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

i found a viable build which mlx can run and ach cannot!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b1442d16df581c1

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 24 August 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#406 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

I'm hereby reviving this thread, as I just took the plunge and finally dusted off my never-used Mist Lynxes to begin grinding them once and for all...

So far, I was surprised that the mech was actually playable. Not good, mind you, but it was a minimally viable experience that beat the crap out of pre-quirk Locust grinding easily. However, I think this could be due to just having a few lucky matches (but one unlucky one, see below) so I think I might eat my words later. We'll see...

The biggest issue seems to be heat, given the low number of Trudubs and the JJ heat...

Second issue I think is agility. This is probably in part due to not having 2x basics, but this mech doesn't feel as nimble as something this tiny and weak really ought to be...

Maybe reduced beam durations could be a nice touch, it would make the CERLL a more sensible choice on this mech...

The arms aren't as much of an issue as I expected them to be, which might be partly because I literally took off the hand actuators on every variant and build (to reduce hitbox size). For most mechs it's the other way around...

I will also note that I got one-shotted by a 6 ML Locust...so that's apparently a thing.

Edited by FupDup, 24 August 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#407 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 August 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

This is exactly why the more they progressed the timeline to sell more books the worse the game got imo. Mechs went from 'having character' to trying to cheese and min/max the most.e

Edited by M4rtyr, 24 August 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#408 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

there was Min/Maxing even in 3025,
its just there is more To Play with in the Future,

Personally i would Rather Advance the Timeline, or throw it out all together,
B b BUT MIn/Maxing!!!, that doesnt matter, i see most of the MWO Player Base Casuals wanting to have Fun,
Mech Construction is part of that, Camos are another Part, Variety of weapons to Play with it another,

#409 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 August 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

I'm hereby reviving this thread, as I just took the plunge and finally dusted off my never-used Mist Lynxes to begin grinding them once and for all...

So far, I was surprised that the mech was actually playable. Not good, mind you, but it was a minimally viable experience that beat the crap out of pre-quirk Locust grinding easily. However, I think this could be due to just having a few lucky matches (but one unlucky one, see below) so I think I might eat my words later. We'll see...

BURN HEATHEN BUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!1!1!!!

The biggest issue seems to be heat, given the low number of Trudubs and the JJ heat...

That was an issue from Day 1. DHS on the legs? lol no

Second issue I think is agility. This is probably in part due to not having 2x basics, but this mech doesn't feel as nimble as something this tiny and weak really ought to be...

A Panther is arguably more agile, despite the tonnage discrepancy (10 tons) and obvious differences.

Maybe reduced beam durations could be a nice touch, it would make the CERLL a more sensible choice on this mech...

Good luck convincing the Paulconomist.

The arms aren't as much of an issue as I expected them to be, which might be partly because I literally took off the hand actuators on every variant and build (to reduce hitbox size). For most mechs it's the other way around...

Does it really?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I would like to point out that the Maddog has it in the worst way IMO when it comes to arm actuators. MDD-B arms are required.

I will also note that I got one-shotted by a 6 ML Locust...so that's apparently a thing.

Lolcust > Mist Lynx

Lolcust OP

#410 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

I like the Mist LYnx and I had fun levelling it.

It's bad, but it has personality plus looks badass with the right paint job.

Wolf cammo looks amazing, but my personal favourite is Invasion camo (need the I variant) with Pthallo and lime green piping.

Looks like a bad arse techno ninja. Hey YA! *judo chop*

Run it with a single ERPPC and it can be hilarious in the PUG queue sneaking bedind the enemy team and shooting them up the arse. Plus it gives you big air second only to the Spider V.

Posted Image

Edited by Jabilo, 24 August 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#411 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

so not to get abit off Subject but does anyone think this New Full Game Balance Handle heat Cap(Stuff)?

#412 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 August 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

I've been spending quite a bit of time in my Mist Lynx recently. The absolute biggest issue are the arms. The arms need a massive armor buff, like the legs on the LCT-3V. And PGI, I said armor, not Structure. I don't care if my arms take longer to explode if they still lose all of their guns before doing so!

The second is agility. You are right on the nose with it. If it could stop and turn as well as a Locust or Commando, it would play much more intuitively. It's not a fast 'Mech, so it needs to be able to juke and dodge in small areas very well and right now it takes an eternity to cease movement and about-face for something so small and squishy.

Third, if we're going to work within the framework of quirks, shorter ER laser burn time and/or reduced cool-down would also be welcome, mostly for smalls. Since it can't really bring massive firepower, what it can bring should be improved.

Finally...it could use some hard-point inflation. If I could run it with six C-ERSL, that would be grand. Right now, I make do with 3xC-SPL and 2x C-SRM2. Alternatively, 4xC-SPL.

#413 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 24 August 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

so not to get abit off Subject but does anyone think this New Full Game Balance Handle heat Cap(Stuff)?

It "should", but there's always a great chance they'd forget just as well.

#414 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

I want to say take all the ACH'S quirks and give it to the MLX.

#415 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 August 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

I've been spending quite a bit of time in my Mist Lynx recently. The absolute biggest issue are the arms. The arms need a massive armor buff, like the legs on the LCT-3V. And PGI, I said armor, not Structure. I don't care if my arms take longer to explode if they still lose all of their guns before doing so!

Raise your Mist Lynx's hand if you have suffered enough.

Edited by Deathlike, 24 August 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#416 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

He can't, because the hand got shot off. :P

#417 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

What hands? They're always shot off, right? ;)

edit: SNIPED, damn I'm too slow lol

Edited by Telmasa, 24 August 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#418 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

For everyone's edification, Deathlike and I did actually have that 1v1 fight we were talking about half a dozen pages back (ish). The first match was a fairly decisive win for him in a 4ML 2SSRM2 JR-7D on River City; I was in a 4ER SL 2 SRM6 MLX-B. Second map was Caustic, I squeaked out a win after about five minutes of fighting against his 3ML 3SL Locust in the same mech. Last match was on Viridian and he brutally crushed me with a Panther in about 60s; I was using an ER ML ER LL MLX-C.

I do have recordings of the matches, but I'm not going to do youtube unless there is interest. :P

Edited by aniviron, 24 August 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#419 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

View Postaniviron, on 24 August 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

For everyone's edification, Deathlike and I did actually have that 1v1 fight we were talking about half a dozen pages back (ish). The first match was a fairly decisive win for him in a 4ML 2SSRM2 JR-7D on River City; I was in a 4ER SL 2 SRM6 MLX-B. Second map was Caustic, I squeaked out a win after about five minutes of fighting against his 3ML 3SL Locust in the same mech. Last match was on Viridian and he brutally crushed me with a Panther in about 60s; I was using an ER ML ER LL MLX-C.

I do have recordings of the matches, but I'm not going to do youtube unless there is interest. :P

Light on light duels are always interesting, and ugly. When two lights brawl, both lose, usually. Since you don't walk out in one piece out of it.

#420 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

View Postaniviron, on 24 August 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

I was shamefully bad in a Lolcust (way outta practice in that).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users