#1 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:28 AM

This has been happening for a while now, but I finally figured I would ask in case someone else had the issue or had a solution. When I load MWO I have to go into the audio settings and manually set my headset in both the output and the input in order to hear VoIP through my headset instead of my speakers. I do this because I have a hearing impediment and its easier to make out the VoIP through the headset for me. I play the game sounds through my normal PC speakers. It's weird because the audio settings are always set on the headset, I just have to manually reselect them to hear through the headset. Is there a way to get the game to remember my settings so I don't have to continually manually reset them every time play the game?

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostMors Draco, on 05 August 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

This has been happening for a while now, but I finally figured I would ask in case someone else had the issue or had a solution. When I load MWO I have to go into the audio settings and manually set my headset in both the output and the input in order to hear VoIP through my headset instead of my speakers. I do this because I have a hearing impediment and its easier to make out the VoIP through the headset for me. I play the game sounds through my normal PC speakers. It's weird because the audio settings are always set on the headset, I just have to manually reselect them to hear through the headset. Is there a way to get the game to remember my settings so I don't have to continually manually reset them every time play the game?

Not sure. I daresay that will be in an XML file somewhere, but not sure if you can edit it.

I'd contact support.

#3 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

I use "THIS" little applet to quickly swap out my speakers to head phones as well as my mics.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)

Edited by DaZur, 05 August 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#4 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 August 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

I use "THIS" little applet to quickly swap out my speakers to head phones as well as my mics.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)

Thanks! I will have to check that out and see if it solves my problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users