19 replies to this topic

#1 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

well, i wouldnt ask this in general, rather here.

I know there were some event, where you can win, any? (i saw this camo on a lot mechs) mech with custom camo (see picture).

Can anyone describe me, what was it, what you have to do in that event to win a mech with this cammo ? thx

Posted Image

#2 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

These were a part of a Loyalty program that ended a while ago, it started about the time when the King Crab was announced. Depending on what you had spent money on in the past and/or during the program determined how many of the (L) mechs you received, which are the Centurion-AH(L), Atlas-S(L), and KGC-000(L). These loyalty variants are no longer available (though the standard versions are available for purchase, they obviously don't come with the unique camo you have pictured).

#3 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

Every now and then PGI anounce a weekend events where you can win a Mech (incl. mechbay). You need to reach a basic minimum of score or Kills/assists or whatever in a match to get one point. Then you need x number of points to receive the mech and intermittant rewards such as the past event in the link below.

https://mwomercs.com...ents?t=201503cw

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 06 August 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

Every now and then PGI anounce a weekend events where you can win a Mech (incl. mechbay). You need to reach a basic minimum of score or Kills/assists or whatever in a match to get one point. Then you need x number of points to receive the mech and intermittant rewards such as the past event in the link below.

https://mwomercs.com...ents?t=201503cw

k, thx. i joined may, and since then 0 mechs event....

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

as Cyborg Dragon said, they were loyalty rewards, so far they have been awarded twice, once late last year, with it I remember correctly, the following conditions
Centurian - if you had ever purchased MC
Atlas - if you had ever purchased a preorder pack
King Crab - if you had ever purchased a top level pack

they were then offered again I think in March, with the same conditions, however with a much lower entry cost as the Urbanmech pack was available with its top tier costing $40.

because of the entry conditions many people have 2 of each

I do not know if they will ever be offered again but I doubt it.

I highly doubt you will be able to purchase that camo at any time

edit:
here are links to the promotions which awarded those Mechs, of course it is too late for you to get them but you asked so here is the info
http://mwomercs.com/...iation-rewards/
http://mwomercs.com/...iation-program/

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 06 August 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:38 AM

Honestly, those are the only mechs where I would stomp my feet, and say the camo should absolutely, never change, come what may.

I happen to have all three (Phoenix Overlord pack guaranteed that), and Jedi and Dragon covered how you could get those.

It was a one off thing, to reward those who had spent money on the game. Especially IS pilots, since the clans were getting wave 1, and then wave 2, and we had all of diddly squat at the time. Until Resistance 1 finally was announced forever after.

All three (Centurion, King Crab, and Atlas) were part of the loyalty reward program. Mentioned in this announcement.
http://mwomercs.com/...iation-program/

I don't believe those three will be put up again. Ever. However, there is the chance that other (L) mechs might be given away in the future.

#7 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:43 AM

Ironically, I got the Centurion for buying MC and the Atlas for Ala carting the Hellbie, but never played those two Mechs ^^

#8 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:44 AM

it would be fine, if the NEW players could obtain it for ... or at least the camo. Its F2P after all, it could bring money to PGI from new players. But understand, if they dont do it.

Edited by Titannium, 06 August 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#9 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostTitannium, on 06 August 2015 - 03:44 AM, said:

it would be fine, if the NEW players could obtain it for ... or at least the camo. Its F2P after all, it could bring money to PGI from new players. But understand, if they dont do it.

You can still get the mechs, but not the camo. That's part of the whole "recognizing the loyalty of these customers". If anyone could get it, there's no real point to making them a reward.

The mechs are the CN9-AH, the KGC-0000, and the AS7-S. If you are interested in obtaining them, anyways.

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

understand. But im on the camo only.... not the mechs.... :)

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:16 AM

I have had some pretty good games. My Verdandi is great:

Posted Image

#12 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:38 AM

The Atlas(L) don't have only special camo, but also special geometry (its face is unique).

I think they will never be gifted again, since many complained when they were offered again on March, because they were taught to be unique prizes when first offered and those who already got them not only got twice, but forced to KEEP all of them (you can't sell (L) mechs).

Edited by Ascaloth, 06 August 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#13 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 06 August 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

The Atlas(L) don't have only special camo, but also special geometry (its face is unique).

I think they will never be gifted again, since many complained when they were offered again on March, because they were taught to be unique prizes when first offered and those who already got them not only got twice, but forced to KEEP all of them (you can't sell (L) mechs).

its a little funny. Some got 2 of em, wont play them, cannot sell them. And on the other hand, Id pay MC for camo/geo only.....

#14 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostTitannium, on 06 August 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

its a little funny. Some got 2 of em, wont play them, cannot sell them. And on the other hand, Id pay MC for camo/geo only.....

By your signature i suppose you bought the Urbie pack. If it was the Collector's Edition, you could try to contact PGI and tell them how much you want the (L) mechs. Maybe they are in a good mood and decide to help you out :)

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostTitannium, on 06 August 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

Well, long ago, there was a pack called Phoenix that was supposed to come with an "exclusive" camo called Hotrod. When that camo became available to everyone, there was a significant amount of annoyance in the community. I doubt it's a mistake PGI will repeat.

And this is the thing: cosmetics are the thing you can make exclusive and not be called P2W. I am envious every time I see the Nvidia fairy because it was before my time, but it does not affect game play, so there's no legitimate complaint. <shrug>

Sorry you missed some cool swag, you're here now, enjoy what comes now and be on the lookout for Alienware heads!

#16 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

I feel that way about the coconut monkey. Oh what I wouldn't give for a coconut monkey...

#17 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

I didn't realize the Hotrod camo was supposed to be Phoenix only originally. I didn't like it too much on my Phoenix mechs, but it looks cool on my Mist Lynx! lol

I agree with IW about the (L) camo, though. A loyalty reward should never be given for purchase, otherwise it isn't a reward.

#18 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 06 August 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

By your signature i suppose you bought the Urbie pack. If it was the Collector's Edition, you could try to contact PGI and tell them how much you want the (L) mechs. Maybe they are in a good mood and decide to help you out :)

well, this is crazy you know it ? ...... but.... ill try. I cant loose a thing. in 99% they tell me one big NO.

but hey, what about the 1%...

#19 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostTitannium, on 06 August 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

well, this is crazy you know it ? ...... but.... ill try. I cant loose a thing. in 99% they tell me one big NO.

but hey, what about the 1%...

Think about that guy who sent thousands of bottlecaps to Bethesda asking for a copy of FO4 ;)

#20 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 06 August 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Think about that guy who sent thousands of bottlecaps to Bethesda asking for a copy of FO4 ;)

Wish I had thought of that. That was brilliant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users