#1 DigitalMerc

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:48 AM

Tweak the filters;
Needs to remember if i've selected 'clan/inner sphere' as well as 'owned/trial' ...constantly having to switch it [ie; tweaking mechs for a CW drop build] gets annoying when you've got both options reseting everytime you come back from loading into a map [even testing grounds].

Remove [or let me disable] the 'hover to move' in mech loadout;
The 'auto-select a slot' feature is interesting, but is way too touchy for it to be useful. By this I mean, when I open or select a particular area to modify [ie Left Torso] I do not want the game to assume I really meant to drop that AC20 into my head slot, simply because my cursor moved over it on its way to the intended area. If I wanted to modify a different slot, I'd open that slot section in the mechlab myself!

Add double click to add/remove;
Drag and drop gets really tedious if you're playing around with different builds; especially if you're trying several different builds on a few different mechs [ie: CW]. It would be nice if, combined with request above, I could simply double click the item I want to add/remove on that particular slot.

Add a "hidden/unhidden" feature;
Due to the lackluster management of screen-real-estate, it would be really nice if I could further reduce the number of mechs appearing in a particular category to only the mechs I'm currently interested in. Adding a "hide mech" feature would be a nice way of cutting down on the clutter.

Add 'remove all modules;
3 years and still no "remove all modules" ? Why PGI, why ?!?
I'm so tired of hunting and hunting for that one module amid an ocean of mechs.

--Cosmetic--
Portrait;
The current mech portrait & [either colum or expanded] layout option for the new mechlab is just plain broken. I'm not sure If whomever developed it was running the game on multiple monitors, but as it currently displays, you only ever get to see about half your mech... if that.

Better camera options when painting;
It would be nice If we had six degrees of camera panning; instead of simply spinning the mech around. Sometimes, especially depending on the size of the mech, Its useful to get to see your mech from odd angles, so you know how it will appear in different scenarios. This would also be nice just for vanity's sake, because; why not show off the nice mechlab mech models!?!

----In Conclusion---

The new mechlab is an improvement over the old one, I just hope it doesn't take another year before we see some more improvements to the mechlab. It would be really nice If we saw a greater focus on tweaking and improving longstanding issues/community concerns than seeing a new batch of mechs released every quarter.

- Digi

[Edited to bold the first issue, as the reseting of the filter is endlessly annoying]

Edited by DigitalMerc, 14 August 2015 - 08:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users