- - - - -

Unable To Re-Install

1 reply to this topic

#1 UnlimitedBlades

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNanjing, China

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

I've left the game for almost a year now, and just trying to replay the game.

But the installer I've just download just couldn't work. It just keep saying the game is already there.

The posts I've googled that said to help this situation just didn't work...... they say uninstall the game using microsoft fix, but it didn't show up on the option......

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

first check control panel, programs and features (or add and remove programs on Windows XP)
if that shows Mechwarrior Online as still installed then navigate to the correct path and you should be able to just run it, or you could remove it and try again.

if it does not show MWO as installed then I would suggest you download Glary Utilities (a free computer cleanup tool) install and run it, you want the free version not the professional version, and do not start the free trial of professional.
after it is installed, launch it
click on the 1 click maintenance tab and click "scan for issues" with the default options selected
if you do not want to empty your recycle bin or temporary internet files then "show details" for the temporary files cleaner and untick anything you do not want to delete, when that is done, or if you are not worried about the contents of recycle bin or your temporary internet files,
click "repair problems".

after this restart the computer and you should be able to install MWO

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 07 August 2015 - 07:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users