Guide

1 reply to this topic

#1 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Last year I posted a thread by the same title, in an effort to classfy the roles of each Champion mech for new players. http://mwomercs.com/...ing-a-champion/

Since the loadouts have changed since the patch on August 4th, here are my revised opinions, I hope new players find them useful!

Artillery (Direct) - mechs are intended to fire directly at targets from a distance. Lasers, Gauss, PPC, ACs. Avoid damage by range and using terrain as cover.
DRG-5N(C)
HGN-733C(C)
JM6-A(C)
RVN-3L(C)
SHD-2H(C)
WVR-6K(C)

Artillery (Missile) - mechs are intended to fire indirectly at targets using Long Range Missiles, which requires a friendly mech to target the enemy first.
CPLT-A1(C)
KTO-18(C)
STK-3F(C)

Close Support) - mechs are intended to engage the enemy, but not lead a charge. Find a Frontline mech and shoot at what they shoot.
BJ-1(C)
CN9-A(C)
ENF-4R(C)
GRF-1S(C)
HBK-4P(C)
QKD-4G(C)
TBT-7M(C)
VTR-9S(C)

Frontline - these are the Damage-Soakers, but also typically good Brawlers. You want to wait for the right opportunity to push into the enemy, if you go too early, you will be too damaged by the time you reach their line.
AS7-RS(C)
BNC-3M(C)
CTF-3D(C)
ON1-K(C)
TDR-9SE(C)

Hit and Run - the fastest mechs on the field. Generally fragile. Run in, shoot once or twice, run out.
CDA-2A(C)
FS9-S(C)
JR7-F(C)
SDR-5K(C)

** I just noticed I posted this in New Player Help, could a moderator move this to Guides please? **

Edited by SilentScreamer, 07 August 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#2 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:47 AM

Now all we need is Arrow IV added to the game...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users