How Do I Unblock Someone?

Help Me Question

1 reply to this topic

#1 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

I have searched everywhere for any information at all for this. As an aside, it's kind of annoying that searching for "unblock" in this forum brings up every instance of the word "unlock" instead. Anyway, it is incredibly easy to accidentally block someone. I always thought it was a very bad ui choice that "block user" is right there below "send message," or if you are in a group "invite user to group." Just a little slip of the mouse, a settling of the trackball, a twitch of the thumb, and you just blocked someone you wanted to invite to your group and now you cannot invite them ever again!

I've luckily never blocked anyone although I have almost accidentally done so many many times because of the above reason. But I ran into someone who did, and it was frustrating because we were trying to get the blocked user into our group. They were able to join by going into lfg, but they did not show up in the blocker's friends list anymore, and clicking on the person's name from lfg did not yield an unblock choice as you might expect.

So how in the name of Kerensky do you unblock someone in this game? How is it supposed to work?

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

A blocked user will show up red in your friend list. Left click on the user and you will get an option to unblock the player. They will then need to be friended again. Apologies to Guadium (sp?). Used him to test the process just now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users