I have a confession....

29 replies to this topic

Poll: Am I a bad person (82 member(s) have cast votes)

pick one... yes or no ^.^

1. Yes (16 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

2. No (34 votes [41.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.46%

3. No but you are the annoying bastered I hate ^.^ (32 votes [39.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zarrin

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I am a legger... something about legging makes me smile, now don't get me wrong I don't try to double leg, but if I am going down.. I have always tried to put one good vollie in to the other mechks leg to take it out, something about it limping until it gets killed by even something it could not turn fast enough or run from... makes me grin.... am I a bad person :D

Edited by Zarrin, 05 July 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#2 Todd Lee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

You should be tarred and feathered. Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE.

#3 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

i picked door number 3 as this is a standerd innersphere tactic and it drives clanners batty too lols.
this being said i as a lite mech jockey it is the most hated tactic to have used on me as a legged lite mech is a "DEAD" lite mech!

escerpts from the memuiors of an old locust pilot.

sincerly the"hangman"

#4 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

meh, Alls fair in Love and War !.... you will always find someone that hates your Tactics, no matter what tactic you use someone will Q_Q and hate you lol

#5 Alture White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, El Dorado, Crucis March

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Being an opportunist in battle keeps you alive. If nothing else, legging an enemy before he kills you enables your teammates to get him. A limping mech is a lot easier to take care of than one that simply has generic damage. However, if you purposely go after every enemies legs the very second they get in range, then yes you are being kind of a jerk. Noticing a damaged leg and pouncing on it is perfectly justified.

#6 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

If you've got enough steam left to take out a leg, you've got enough steam left to take out something more important. Like a side torso or a weapon-heavy arm. <.<

Legging has its place, but I think as a last-ditch-effort sort of thing, there are better choices.

#7 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

in this game legging isnt as bad as it is in say MWLL (its bullshit in that game, legs have the health of a ******* twig and when one dies you go steven hawking moe all over the place)

#8 Scorpioneldar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

personally i prefer jet-pack capable mecs just so i can escape realitivly quickly if i get legged
but thats just me
i chose door 3 because outside my catapult's and thor's being legged gets me killed the most though in those the repair cost escalates as i sometimes loose the leg on landing. i must say i loved the Mad cat Mark II(or was it III) for it's jet-pack on my favorite chassis
catapult is my second and the favorite of my father

#9 Erbun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida US

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

I went option 3. LIke some have stated if you see a wounded leg and go for it, thats just good tactics. But aiming for it and only it all the time is being a bit of an arse. IMO anyway. but hey.. it takes all sorts;)

#10 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

legging is a viable tactic in my eyes and as a scouter i'm going to try and be
the best legger i can possibly be, or at the very least take a good chunk out
of the knee cap as i run past at speed lol

#11 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'll often be in my Atlas, walking at cripple speed with undamaged legs so it's not the biggest change to my fighting style when you crit them. If you do that to my Raven though, I will be vexed.

#12 Zarrin

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

True, I should add for the most part I do it to the little one's ^.^ no point in doing it to a 100T monster

#13 Vali2

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

You my friend have a clear grasp of battlefield tactics...knock 'em down, THEN KICK THEM HARD! I haven't read The Art of War myself but I could believe that Sun Tzu has something similar in his book. A lot of sim games I remember playing as I grew up had you aiming at the enemies shields, engines, etc first to cripple them.

Aaaaaand it's also kinda like grenade launchers or "noob tubes" in FPS games...Posted Image

#14 bLitzLRC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSunset Beach, NC

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

CT always was my cry in mw4v. However, if you get more points for destroying weapons, I will go back to tactics used against novas; left arm, right arm, a leg and left torso - then run away, leaving them weaponless and limping!

#15 Kyuzo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

ima run around as a light and peg people in the legs... while laughing pew pew pew

#16 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

If it works, it works.

But you're still a *******.

#17 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostVali2, on 05 July 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

You my friend have a clear grasp of battlefield tactics...knock 'em down, THEN KICK THEM HARD! I haven't read The Art of War myself but I could believe that Sun Tzu has something similar in his book. A lot of sim games I remember playing as I grew up had you aiming at the enemies shields, engines, etc first to cripple them.

Aaaaaand it's also kinda like grenade launchers or "noob tubes" in FPS games...Posted Image

Love it !!! now I will have to report you ! j/k.... guess which one I am :D

Ahh yes Sun Tzu and his Art of War !

Some of His Tactics and Strategies are natural to me, one quote in my Sig in fact could be used in the Subject matter of this Thread..

it is:- "So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak..."

so in this Case, it would be to Avoid Targeting the Strongest part of the Mech and Aim for something like its Legs, for example...

Or could be taken a number of other ways like:- Instead of going after the Atlas, go for one of the lighter Mechs first and destroy that Atlas Support Mechs, then go for the Atlas Last

and so on...

Sun Tzu and his Art of War, can be used in a great number of Games and MMOs, and more importantly Real Life ! his Art of War is Taught in Military Schools around the World to this very day!... Always Great Tactics and Strategies, Not bad for a General that Lived around 2,500 years ago, and we still Learn from him!

#18 Tenrai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDeep in Davion controlled space aboard the Overlord class dropship Nobara

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Going wayyyy back to the first MechWarrior game you legged mechs for the better salvege...It was quite expensive to repair a mech that was headshot...And they charged extra for picking out the pieces of the former pilot...

Now for MW4..I was legging assault mechs in a Raven...Still pissed them off but boy was it fun!!

#19 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostTenrai, on 05 July 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Going wayyyy back to the first MechWarrior game you legged mechs for the better salvege...It was quite expensive to repair a mech that was headshot...And they charged extra for picking out the pieces of the former pilot...

Now for MW4..I was legging assault mechs in a Raven...Still pissed them off but boy was it fun!!

Yep I used that very same tactic 20 or so years ago lol, I out fitted my Jenner with MGs and only MGs well and Ammo lol, then ran up to a mech while my Team of heavies would keep them busy... then I would shoot thier Leg off and then head off to the next target ect... got a ton of Atlas and other Mechs, or where they Battlemasters ? cant remember which now lol

#20 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

You can bet when I'm in my Urbie if you're in anything I can't core in 1-2 shots I'm going to leg you instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users