8 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

Just dumb idea :lol:

C3 could be implenented thru target locking. So, if, say, lance commander carries C3-master (dunno how much this piece of equipment should cost in weight and crit slots) and some his lancemates carry C3-slaves, so those lancemates could use one additional target button (whatever it would be called, "C3-master target", for example; mappable of course) and get just the same target as lance commander holds in his crosshair (yes, that red square), istead of repeatedly pressing "R". Also, if there is ECM present and target couldn't be locked in target-square - this target could be mapped with (uh, dunno... purple?) triangle above head of the mech, and with this also be recognizable as lance commander's target.

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

That'd be nice to have. And it would give the IS units an advantage over the Clan units. Cause the Clans never utilized, nor developed, a system such as C3, C3i, or anything close to those. House Kurita created this and sold the idea to ComStar, adn then Wobbies stole the tech and made it into C3i.

So I think we're at that stage in the timeline. Again, it'd be nice to have when facing Clanners.

#3 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

I think it should be implemented and should be the only way for LRMs to use indirect fire besides a UAV. This using targeting data from teammates is unrealistic without special target sharing hardware.

#4 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 07 August 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

I think it should be implemented and should be the only way for LRMs to use indirect fire besides a UAV. This using targeting data from teammates is unrealistic without special target sharing hardware.

I find it unrealistic that you need hardware weighing tons to perform such a task. Realistically by that time, they should be able to make hardware that could do this that was small enough to fit in the pilot's helmet and would also be able to share all of the targets, not just one.

If they should do this, it should be to do good game design, not for the sake of realism or lore.

#5 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 07 August 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

I find it unrealistic that you need hardware weighing tons to perform such a task. Realistically by that time, they should be able to make hardware that could do this that was small enough to fit in the pilot's helmet and would also be able to share all of the targets, not just one.

If they should do this, it should be to do good game design, not for the sake of realism or lore.

True, but then an BAP weighs a ton and a command console weighs 3 tons....

Edited by Strikeshadow, 08 August 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#6 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

it would be a real advantage to provide a mech with an ability to to call targets and for the team mates to simply push a button to bring up the called target.

In terms of advantage that might (along with an enhanced battle map) justify a 3 ton equipment slot. would also encourage team coordination

#7 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostGreyhart, on 08 August 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

it would be a real advantage to provide a mech with an ability to to call targets and for the team mates to simply push a button to bring up the called target.

In terms of advantage that might (along with an enhanced battle map) justify a 3 ton equipment slot. would also encourage team coordination

Well, that was the idea, anyways ^_^

#8 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

That idea is cool, it will stop random noob lrm boots. And many ppl and myself have suggested this already years ago but nothing happend yet.

#9 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 07 August 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

True, but then an BAP weights a ton and a command console weighs 3 tons....

Conclusion, battletech is not based on realism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users