Tonnage Balance Finally?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

how is an orion not as good as a timberwolf? I haven't played one in ages but they can have some pretty mean builds. Only reason i stopped playing them was because i think the orion looks ugly.

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostSable, on 10 August 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

how is an orion not as good as a timberwolf? I haven't played one in ages but they can have some pretty mean builds. Only reason i stopped playing them was because i think the orion looks ugly.

Mad Cat is faster, generally tougher (especially compared to XL Onions), has JJs, tends to have more firepower (especially at longer ranges), and having access to the various benefits of Clan tech.

Onions built in certain ways can pack a punch up close but that's about it.

#23 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 August 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Mad Cat is faster, generally tougher (especially compared to XL Onions), has JJs, tends to have more firepower (especially at longer ranges), and having access to the various benefits of Clan tech.

Onions built in certain ways can pack a punch up close but that's about it.

Timbies also brawl better (at shorter range). SRM24+A with 6 SPLs, just nasty.

#24 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 August 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

IMO, a better solution/enticement is needed. You have to understand, MWO gates new players with only four mechbays. Only four. It will take incredible amount of time and wasted effort for the newbies to populate them with four different class of mechs, that are mastered.

To add further insult to injury, low hanging fruit, read:mechbays, as LP rewards in CW!

Once you have those 3 of 4 Bays filled with a chassis on it's way to mastery, LP rewards rewards lure them into CW when they are nowhere near ready for it. This ruins the game experience for those players, ruins CW specifically, and impacts everyone else.

Those rewards need to be moved higher up.

#25 Antzs

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Just to clarify. The weight class selection would be picked at the beginning of the launch just like picking the servers. You will select or deselect which weight class you want. So you can just pick lights since you don't have any lights and not pick the other weight classes. It's about more choices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users