https://youtu.be/JcfJGir2pCc

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

what I wonder is, if the mine is inactive for so long, how f..... many wastewater was in it to turn the entire river yellow? Also if they wouldn't have screwed it up by accident, it would mostly have been a matter of time until it breached of anayways. random debris isn't a real thing to contain somethign at all.

and further soon after the yellow is gone people gonna fish again and eat all the nice contamined animals.

also try to not use the youtu.be link, use the youtube one instead to make the vid implemented into the forum.

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 August 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

They dug into the mine plug as far as I understand it. Thanks for the advice on links.

#4 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

Reminds me of this.

Then you have the BP oil spill in the gulf of mexico, fukushima nuclear power plant, rainforests being stripped in indonesia, brazil and similar events I can't even remember right now.

That type of long term contamination and rampant ecological destruction is occurring all over the world.

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 10 August 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Reminds me of this.

Then you have the BP oil spill in the gulf of mexico, fukushima nuclear power plant, rainforests being stripped in indonesia, brazil and similar events I can't even remember right now.

That type of long term contamination and rampant ecological destruction is occurring all over the world.

yeah huamns are stupid short sightened beings. A lot of this will backfire in future when we run out of the fossiles, which they will. and when we still consume more energy than we can produce then? Either war or some drastic collapses of our society. We won't be able to light up everthing as today, and consume as much power as we do.
The most weird thign is, thta we have the intelligence to know whats going to happen, but not the intelligence to prepare us. At least not as a mass, some rich people won't care they got what they need in the cases this stuff happens.

Most present example is new orleans. After the city was flooded and destroyed that much, together with the nowledge about that the sealevel WILL rise in future, they should never ever have rebuilt it in that place again. They could have taken this opportunaty to build it at a more save location.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users