- - - - -

Are Skills And Xp Locked To Your Mech?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Archangel Dino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

If I sell my 'Mech, will all of the Skills and EXP I unlocked for it reset, or they'll stick with the 'Mech if I ever buy it back?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

They stick around.

~Leone.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

Exp is earn on the specific variant of the chassis, not on the specific mech. You can buy a mech, play with it, sell it, and then repurchase it (not that this is wise mind), and you will not have lost any Exp and/or skills you had previously earned or unlocked earlier with it.

Example: You buy a Jenner 7D and play with it for a bit. You unlock 3 basic skills and decide you don't like the Jenner 7D and sell it. A couple months down the road, you end up missing the Jenner 7D, so you repurchase it. The three basic skills you had unlocked are still unlocked, and any unspent experience would still be on your Jenner 7D.

PS: I did this with my Dragon. I liked how it played, but due to limited Mechbays I owned at the time, I sold the Dragon. Some time later, I had a craving to play my old Dragon that I actually liked, so I repurchased it to do exactly that. When I rebought it, it was still in it's previous Mastered skill state.

(Just to be as thorough as possible.)

Edited by Tesunie, 10 August 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 10 August 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

If I sell my 'Mech, will all of the Skills and EXP I unlocked for it reset, or they'll stick with the 'Mech if I ever buy it back?

They stick around. A good way to prep a mech is to pilot it's champion trial version if it exists. Since the XP is still collected. Even if you don't yet own the variant.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

the XP is still there but you cannot do anything with it, you cannot access the Mech skill tree unless you own the Mech, so what ever you do do not sell a Mech unless you have at the very least completed the basic skills.

if you are leveling a chassis and you do not have enough Mechbays then complete basics before selling the chassis, just make sure you do not sell your preferred variant as you loose any money spent on upgrades (Endo, DHS, Fero, Artemus) which have to be applied again after repurchasing a Mech.

also you will not be able to trade in the XP for GXP unless you own the chassis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users