Ebon Jaguar Bundle

13 replies to this topic

#1 ArcticPrism

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

I was trying to find some information on buying this mech. Am I right when I see the only way to buy it is to pay $90 ? I see you can pay $30 for just the Arctic Cheetah Bundle. Is this not possible for the Ebon Jaguar?

Edited by ArcticPrism, 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#2 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

As far as I know, you can buy the Ebon Jag a-la-carte for $55...Look further down on the wave 3 page.

#3 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can buy it a la cart for $55.

#4 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

You can also buy it A La Carte for $55, but that kind of sucks. It's hard to recommend the SCat as it is, but if you're devoid a clan medium and need one, it's "okay." The Cheetah on the other hand is the bee's knees, and probably needs some of the quirks removed.

#5 ArcticPrism

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

I saw the A La Carte but I don't want to pay $55 for a single mech. I can buy an entire, full, quality game at that price. I guess the answer is no then. Thanks for the responses ^^.

#6 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostArcticPrism, on 11 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

I saw the A La Carte but I don't want to pay $55 for a single mech. I can buy an entire, full, quality game at that price. I guess the answer is no then. Thanks for the responses ^^.

To be fair you get more than one mech with the A La Carte option. You get 3 of the Ebon Jag and mech bays for them.

#7 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostArcticPrism, on 11 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

Technically it's 3 mechs for $55, but I see what you're saying.

$30 gets you a Cbill bonus ACH + 2 standard variants. (3 mechs)
$60 gets you a Cbill SHC + 2 standard variants + Cbill ACH + 2 standard variants (6 mechs)
but ... $55 gets you a regular EBN + 2 standard variants.
$90 gets you all 9.

Its a better deal to fork over the $35 to get all 9, or wait for the EBN to release for Cbills.

A-la-Carte is priced to be expensive intentionally to make the packs look like a better value. There was a lot of complaints when the first clan wave was announced and people were faced with $210 to own a Timberwolf or they would have to wait. The Stormcrow would have been $180 without A-la-Carte.

#8 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

it's for mc on august 18 (for c-bills on september 15) anyway, wait less than a week and buy it for mc or wait a month and buy it for c-bills

#9 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

However you look at it, the price for virtual gundams is astonishing. I've dumped over $500 into this game so far, although I have a ton of robots as a result. I know we've got guys around here who've dumped a grand or two.

I just view it as the price of keeping a current Battletech game going. And that price is insane. I rarely buy games full price anymore, usually when they fall under $30 or $20. MWO is definitely the only game I've put more than $100 into. (I never likely MMOs)

#10 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

it's not really correct to compare mwo with stand-alone games though because those don't pay for the servers

if you played wow with 15$ subscription you would pay 500$ in less than 3 years not counting any other additional expenses

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

wait few days till release

#12 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Well if you can be patient it should be out next month. Just food for thought if you're more thrifty minded.

#13 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

The Arctic Cheetah is the only must-have of the group, and since the Executioner and Ebon Jag are coming soon for c-bills, at this point you are best off to just pay the $30 for the Cheetah package, and then buy the rest with c-bills.

Edited by Diablobo, 12 August 2015 - 12:51 AM.

#14 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:00 AM

The Arctic Cheeser is ridiculously OP. I've never Mastered four chassis so quickly as I did with that one. I don't even use it now because it's embarrassingly unfair to everyone - on BOTH sides.

Cauldron Born is my second favourite Mech of that Pack, due to its loadout versatility . Executioner exceeded my expectations in terms of performance. Shadow Cat is a sad disappointment.

In light of the above, I recommend buying the whole pack.

I appreciate it comes down to personal financial circumstances. Worst case scenario, wait for all of them for CBills. At the end of the day, most Mechs in MWO are just collections of hardpoints, and there's plenty of hardpoint collections available to CBills already.

Edited by Appogee, 12 August 2015 - 01:02 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users