• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSouthern California, CA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

Reaper, link this http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4617626 to technical@mwomercs.com

Edited by Xultan, 11 August 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#22 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Sent the email. Fingers crossed.

#23 Xultan

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSouthern California, CA

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

Good luck, please post the resolution if possible.

#24 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

if you cant manage it. clean windows install. I know it takes time, but its 100% sure.

#25 Dysdane

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGeraldton, Western Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

A group of friends of mine recently installed MWO from a copy of mine. What we did is; This will get the launcher running, and give you a functioning desktop shortcut.

Once you have it going, click he cog in the top right corner of the launcher and do a repair. Once complete, MWO should run fine.

Good luck!

#26 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:49 AM

The progress bar of the installer just shot to full and I got the "fatal error" as usual.

However if I run the installer in compatibility mode it fills and just sits there doing nothing.

Edited by Cpt Reaper0232, 12 August 2015 - 03:49 AM.

#27 Dysdane

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGeraldton, Western Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

Dont worry about the update progress. Getting the launcher running is so you can run the repair tool. Did you try that?

What happened with us was, we couldn't run any of the executables from the directory, so we run the installer to get the launcher running so we could use the repair tool.

#28 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:14 AM

Nothing is updating. This is the progress bar on the installer. I removed the files from my friend's copy and tried a clean install, and put them back installing to the location.

Every time "fatal error". Thanks for trying though...I am very thankful to all that are helping.

#29 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

I've never had an issue with installing the game, however I have had some issues which required the following steps:

Uninstall MWO
Uninstall .net framework
Uninstall C++

Run CCleaner, clean registry and the standard clean cycle.

Please run through the following Visual C++ Redist. install packages. Depending on your system, you may need to install one or more of these. Run through them in order.

2013:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=40784
2012:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30679
2010:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=23691

Install the latest version of .NET Framework.

Then install MWO.

DISCLAIMER: Run ALL installs as administrator (right click the executable and select the option). I do not have Windows 10, these are the steps I had to take once to fix an issue with the game on my Windows 7 PC.

Edited by cdlord, 12 August 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#30 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:54 AM

I can't uninstall the .net framework on windows 10. There is simply no option to. CCleaner doesn't even allow me to.

++edit++

After 3-4 days of trying everything...I'm giving up. I guess 11 games is all I'd ever get.

GG MWO...

Edited by Cpt Reaper0232, 12 August 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#31 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostCpt Reaper0232, on 12 August 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

I can't uninstall the .net framework on windows 10. There is simply no option to. CCleaner doesn't even allow me to.

++edit++

After 3-4 days of trying everything...I'm giving up. I guess 11 games is all I'd ever get.

GG MWO...

You know, there is always the option to email support@mwomercs.com. They've been really helpful for me.

#32 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Are you sure you let windows 10 update everything?

Let me guess you DID have Windows 7, and upgraded.

Windows 7 had the 2011 .net framework and C++ embeded, and it couldnt be uninstalled or reinstalled.

A full upgrade to Windows 10 will fix it. If you chose the light upgrade option, it probably didnt, and your C++ or framework is corrupted, and cannot be fixed or repaired without an entire reinstall.

Windows 10 should have an option to completely update again. Should fix it. It fixed the problem for me.

Heres my thread if it helps (from two weeks ago)

http://mwomercs.com/...3-cant-install/

#33 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

And no offense to anyone, but, im pretty sure the long list of things people have suggested, arent going to help. None of them helped me.

I had to contact a really experienced system admin I knew, who explained the whole "embedded" part of Windows 7 ( and Vista) to me, and sure enough, everything he said clicked perfectly.

Files get corrupted. Its just a fact of life. A corrupted file, is not the same as a file thats not installed. It can confuse alot of uninstallers (CCleaner for one), and in the case of embedded OS files, cannot be manipulated, without using a CMD prompt. Since you dont want to ever turn off these protections, and you cant get a true admin account in some Windows versions, there can be no way to fix corrupted files, sort of a full OS reinstall.

Windows 10 SHOULD have fixed this problem. If you dont get it fixed, we'll try and figure out why that isnt the case.

Edited by KraftySOT, 12 August 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#34 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 12 August 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

And no offense to anyone, but, im pretty sure the long list of things people have suggested, arent going to help. None of them helped me.

I had to contact a really experienced system admin I knew, who explained the whole "embedded" part of Windows 7 ( and Vista) to me, and sure enough, everything he said clicked perfectly.

Files get corrupted. Its just a fact of life. A corrupted file, is not the same as a file thats not installed. It can confuse alot of uninstallers (CCleaner for one), and in the case of embedded OS files, cannot be manipulated, without using a CMD prompt. Since you dont want to ever turn off these protections, and you cant get a true admin account in some Windows versions, there can be no way to fix corrupted files, sort of a full OS reinstall.

Windows 10 SHOULD have fixed this problem. If you dont get it fixed, we'll try and figure out why that isnt the case.

There is a way to get full admin permissions. It's not a good thing for some people to have, but in my W7, I have phenominal cosmic power over everything. Windows dares not tell me I don't have permission to do anything (even if it's to blow my PC up). :)

#35 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

Never do upgrade installs.

Clean installs work much better.

Avoid upgrade installs unless you honestly don't care if stuff gets messed up in the process.

#36 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

View Postcdlord, on 12 August 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

There is a way to get full admin permissions. It's not a good thing for some people to have, but in my W7, I have phenominal cosmic power over everything. Windows dares not tell me I don't have permission to do anything (even if it's to blow my PC up). :)

Yeah its doable to get a pretty darned "true" admin account on Windows 7, even though its hidden, but its actually still short functionality from a "real" admin account on Windows 7.

If a developer brought his "key" disk with him and unlocked it, it would blow your mind. Windows 7 was a crappy hack job that got released waaaay to early. Thats why 8 came so quickly, they wanted to get people off it fast. They dont even want to support it anymore.

Yeah upgrade installs are bad. Bad bad bad.

Honestly though PGI needs to update its installer...

Using stuff from redistributables that are 4-6 years old is pretty sad.

Ive never given a dollar to this game, but id donate to get them to license InstallShield like everyone else in the world. Just because I had to go through this crap myself.

#37 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 12 August 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

Yeah its doable to get a pretty darned "true" admin account on Windows 7, even though its hidden, but its actually still short functionality from a "real" admin account on Windows 7.

If a developer brought his "key" disk with him and unlocked it, it would blow your mind. Windows 7 was a crappy hack job that got released waaaay to early. Thats why 8 came so quickly, they wanted to get people off it fast. They dont even want to support it anymore.

Yeah upgrade installs are bad. Bad bad bad.

Honestly though PGI needs to update its installer...

Using stuff from redistributables that are 4-6 years old is pretty sad.

Ive never given a dollar to this game, but id donate to get them to license InstallShield like everyone else in the world. Just because I had to go through this crap myself.

I have a MS developer license. :D Need it for the software I develop.

#38 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:52 AM

Sorry for spitting the metaphorical dummy...I'm now working with TechSupport to try and get my game running.

If and when we work out what's wrong I'll post the results. I think it may be that the .net that comes with Windows 10 doesn't like the game and an update may be required but only time will tell.

#39 Cpt Reaper0232

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBallarat

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:44 AM

Bump for two reasons:

1) I'll try a full reinstall of Windows 10 (I upgraded from 7 to 10...I have next to no knowledge of software)
2) to see if anyone else has this issue and/or has fixed it

I'm also waiting for a reply from support but I guess they are pretty busy what with having to deal with all the n00bs like me breaking their game.

#40 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

Not your fault that windows can't upgrade without coming apart at the seams. Just like its not your fault that you can't get MWO's pain in the ass installation to work.

I just did a fresh install of 7 and a fresh install of MWO and now I don't get screenshots, I get black blanks that show nothing.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users