30 replies to this topic

#21 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

I am shocked that none of your teammates gave away your position on allchat.

#22 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostTastian, on 14 August 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

yeah as i said before 6 of them i think had quit the match and the rest had enough brains to see what was going on and hold there breath hoping for the win, which we got in the end!

#23 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

After reading the responses to this thread it amazes me that some people still do not understand why powering down for the victory in conquest is different than powering down and hiding in skirmish. Either through willful ignorance or some brain defect, you are blind to the obvious differences.
I could try to explain how, in conquest you are still pursuing a win condition, while in skirmish you are non-participating and wasting the time of 23 other people, but I am afraid that is a concept is beyond your ability to grasp.
I am truly sorry that you don't understand why your location is given away in skirmish matches, but not in conquest, it must seem entirely unfair from your limited perspective.

#24 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

So i think this could be the best match i can ever hope you.

9 tonnes of ammo max potential 1260 damage and i manage to squeeze out 1196.

Dual Ultra AC/20's rock!

Edited by Hades Trooper, 15 August 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#25 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 August 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Yeah make sure it's ultra 20's though, otherwise you have issues on space for ammo. Plus for that projectile speed and target information i use a mk1 TC also. rest just ammo. Though it can be tough as it only carries 9 tonnes of ammo for both ultra 20's

tried using 2 ultra 10's but doesn't pack enough punch to worry other assaults.

2 ultra 20's and any assault mech wants to back off from constant stream of ac/20 rounds

I'm running with this: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=15f7b8f838fb373ada855a2e1a5535572b765014
The Ultra 10s carve through assault mechs like a hot knife through butter, I don't even fear facing Dire Whales.

#26 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostTastian, on 14 August 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Last time I came across him in a match he was threatening to shoot friendlies at the start of the match.

#27 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostEscef, on 15 August 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Last time I came across him in a match he was threatening to shoot friendlies at the start of the match.

If you meant me? Perhaps you don't understand a stirring speech before a battle, i said "We all charge no one takes a backward step, if you retreat, I'll shoot you myself."

So maybe you should understand context a bit.

Though since I was leading the charge so idk how i would see anyone retreating as I'm too busy laying waste to everyone i can before i go down in a blaze of glory.

View PostShredhead, on 15 August 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm running with this: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=15f7b8f838fb373ada855a2e1a5535572b765014
The Ultra 10s carve through assault mechs like a hot knife through butter, I don't even fear facing Dire Whales.

Tried that style of build but no Er PPC and i found it underwhelming, i had dual aultra ac/10's and other assaults had no fear of me, Now they think it's all good then bam 80 damage later there like what have i gotten myself into.

#28 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 15 August 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you meant me? Perhaps you don't understand a stirring speech before a battle, i said "We all charge no one takes a backward step, if you retreat, I'll shoot you myself."

So maybe you should understand context a bit.

Though since I was leading the charge so idk how i would see anyone retreating as I'm too busy laying waste to everyone i can before i go down in a blaze of glory.

If you think that's motivational speaking than you need to spend more time around real people.

Also, just under 260 damage is "laying waste to everyone i can before i go down in a blaze of glory"?

I was streaming at the time, would you like me to highlight the match? :D

EDIT: I haven't highlighted yet, but I just reviewed the footage. You died at the 13:00 mark. That's not a charge, that's a YOLO-Rush.

Edited by Escef, 15 August 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#29 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostLugh, on 13 August 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

You must have had smart teammates that shut up to allow you to pull that one off. The few times I've tried this I've been 'ratted' out by fools that were in a hurry.

In conquest?

really? They must have thought they were playing Skirmish.

#30 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

I pulled that same stunt, but wasn't able to pull out the win:

#31 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostEscef, on 15 August 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

If you think that's motivational speaking than you need to spend more time around real people.

Also, just under 260 damage is "laying waste to everyone i can before i go down in a blaze of glory"?

I was streaming at the time, would you like me to highlight the match? :D

EDIT: I haven't highlighted yet, but I just reviewed the footage. You died at the 13:00 mark. That's not a charge, that's a YOLO-Rush.

dude delude yourself however you like, go ahead a hi jack my thread.

it would seem that's whats gonna make you feel better.

If you can't take a joke and what it was at face value then you need to remove that stick.

On that night 8/10 matches resulted in wins and good headlong rushes, you can moan and cry all you like, but many people enjoyed it and actively sort me out to team up.

All i see is you having a whinge cause you couldn't get into the mood.

some matches didn't go as well as others, when your focused fire and rolling as much damage as you can, then perhaps you will understand pure damage is not to only way to judge a pilots contribution and i have more than enough people willing to have me team with them to not give a rats arse about your moans and whinging snide little remarks.

have a nice day :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users