Repair And Rearm For Cw

5 replies to this topic

#1 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:22 AM

My suggestions is to reintroduce the Repair and Rearm mechanics - this time only in CW.

Earnings in CW would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Downside would be double Hangarmanagement on PGIs side. Same Mechs in both Hangars with damage in CW and without in standard game mode.

Pros
- increased immersion in CW
- make CW more different from "normal" game modes
- CW would be more of an endgame content than it is now.

Cons
- some / a lot of coding involved

Edited by Windschreiter, 13 August 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

As soon as this is implemented. I predict that everyone will change their dropdecks to bring 4 laservomit mechs without Balsitics, Missiles or AMS.

It was no different in the Beta phase where R&R(earm btw ;) ) was in the game. Playing an LRM mech was a C-bill loss even if you had a perfect game and hardly took any damage, whereas any player in a laservomit mech did not have to worry about rearm costs and could ignore the repair costs, as the mechs were automatically repaired to 75% for free after each round
How do you suggest this change, so that players using ammunition based weapons are not overly hit by this idea?

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 13 August 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#3 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:55 AM

I know balancing is quite an issue with R&R.(I'll fix that rearm part - thx *g*)

As for Ammunition: keep cost lower than C-Bills earned per damage per shot => as long as you aim quite ok you should get out on top.

Other Balancing problem is clan vs is: all clan mechs have xl engines which are far more expensive. IS has the option to bring standard engines. So here needs to be some additional balance.

It's just that CW should mean something.

#4 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:06 AM

I never had an issue with R&R and that was right from closed beta to when they removed it. I typically ran a Ultra AC5 boat Atlas, with 3xSRM6's and would still come away with a good amount (at that time). When they made changes it was a little harder to build up some extra cash, but for the most part I liked it. I like the idea of it being added back in to CW as another layer of strategy.

#5 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

Repair costs are more logistics than strategy, but I agree that this could be an added layer to CW and seems worth testing.

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

While I like the idea I do see a couple of issues.

Costs of R&R, they would need to increase the amount earned in CW to make it worth while but thats something I think needs to be done at any rate to get peeps into CW in the first place.

Secondly will it make pugs/team wary about getting into a fight, can see issues where teams sit back and poke wars are the whole CW match as peeps are too scared to push cause taking damage = losing cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users