2 replies to this topic

#1 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn my Direwolf...

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

I've been pondering this for a few weeks now but what I really believe this game needs added to it, if for no other reason then to have it, is Dynamic Weight.

What I mean when I say this, is that the Tonnage of your mech should effect the speed of your mech. Also the total of your mech crew for community warfare should also be Dynamic.

Both of these Ideas are based on if your mech has Free-space/Free Tonage.

The Idea is simple, if you for example use a direwolf but only have it at 95 tonnage, then it should show in the community warfare menu as having 95 tonnes. This would allow players to manage their crew more efficiently then before, in ways giving Tonnage more use. This could be used to get make a better crew by giving up a few tons in any mech. Of course this is up to player discretion.

Now with how it should effect speed, a 90 ton mech with a 300 engine, at the moment moves faster then 100 ton mech with a 300 engine. That makes sense, but if the 100 ton mech was reduced to 90 tons shouldn't it go the same speed? I mean we've already shown that the speed of the mech is based on its engine, and its weight, so. It should be dynamic, and give more speed for less weight.

This isn't a thing needed right this moment, but its also not, not needed. Its a small touch that would add more polish to this game.

So tell me what you think about this.

Edited by Nickredace, 13 August 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#2 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

I fully feel you man/women???

I would like to take cars for examples, lighter cars does not go faster, they only accelerate better, reach their top speed sooner, but will not be able to exceed top speed, even after bolting on a add-on turbo, + supercharge + NOS. No no, it will not, because speeds are defined by gear-ratios and wheel diameter, not engine power.

Engine power only affect amount of mass/weight that it can/able carry, ..... actually I should quote "torque" is the actual force that is used to manage amount of mass/weight/load to carry.

So... what's the the battletech/mechwarrior engine? well it's just a game, don't forget it started off in the 1984??? and not everything is meant to be physically aligned with the real world, else it wouldn't be a game.

Just consider those engine apart from moving the chassis, it also powers the weapons, especially ACTUATORS, hence the biggest engine in a mech maneuvers/torso twist/arm response much better than the smallest engine in it.

Edited by cx5, 13 August 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#3 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

was suggested before...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users