How Do I.s. Lb10X Work?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Hawktel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

So you pull the trigger, and 2 balls hit the target...

Then:

Math checks each ball independently to see if there is a Crit chance of doing more damage...

Or, does it check once, and apply any +damage crit effects to all balls that hit?

#2 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Badly.

Posted Image

I believe each projectile acts as a 1 damage projectile with a slightly raised crit chance over other weapons. The increased crit chance is not significant enough to justify using the weapon.

McGral18... Do you have your breakdown/explaination handy?

Edited by Greenjulius, 13 August 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

LBx has a 67% chance to score a crit; there are up to 3 chances to crit for each of those rolls.

The LBx has a 2x crit damage multiplier, so each crit will deal 2 CRIT damage (not regular damage). 15% of Crit damage goes back into the Internal Structure, so 0.3 extra damage per crit.

The LBx series require 5 crits to destroy an item, as opposed to 1 crit from the normal AC10.

If 2 pellets hit a target, you get 2 rolls. A 40% chance for 1 crit, 24% chance for 2 crits and a 6% chance for 3 crits.

Depending where the RNG hits between 0-100, you'll get 0-3 crits. Each of those crits will deal 2 Crit damage, and for each crit 0.3 extra damage.

That ONLY happens on exposed structure, following this chart (Endo+Ferro slots do nothing, nor does CASE)

Posted Image

#4 Hawktel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

Smurfy says there chance it does more damage on the hover over? Is that armor damage?

#5 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostHawktel, on 13 August 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

Smurfy says there chance it does more damage on the hover over? Is that armor damage?

Nope, that's the crit damage multiplier, which instead of doing 1 CRIT damage per pellet, it deals 2 Crit damage.

That translates to 15% more damage, at 1.3 damage when you hit internal structure, if you roll 1 crit.

-<Weapon faction="InnerSphere" HardpointAliases="Ballistic,LargeWeapon,AutoCannon,LBXAutoCannon,LBXAutoCannon10,ISAutoCannon,ISLBXAutoCannon,ISLBXAutoCannon10" name="LBXAutoCannon10" id="1023">
<Loc iconTag="StoreIcons\LB10XAutoCannon.dds" descTag="@LB10-XAC_desc" nameTag="@LB10-XAC"/>
<WeaponStats maxDepth="10.0" gravity="0,0,-9.8" volleydelay="0" speed="1100" lifetime="10.0" duration="0.0" tons="11" maxRange="1620" longRange="540" minRange="0" ammoPerShot="1" ammoType="LB10-XACAmmo" cooldown="2.5" heat="2.0" impulse="0.04" heatdamage="0" damage="1" numFiring="1" projectileclass="bullet" type="Ballistic" slots="6" Health="10" spread="1.30" critChanceIncrease="0.14,0.08,0.03" critDamMult="2.0" numPerShot="10"/>

#6 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

To answer your question simply, each pellet is an individual calculation. Each pellet has it's own separate chance to crit.

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

LBX AC10 is a weapon that only really works at <300m and even then unless you shooting something like a STK or a TBR you're hitting different parts at once spreading your damage which is not efficient.

The only time LBXAC10s are any good is when you put 4 of them on a DWF and even then you could do better with 2 gauss and some lasers.

#8 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

lbx is good for giving extra low heat dps when paired with srms,otherwise its pretty garbage.

it used to be good against lights,but now when the insane structure buffs are in place,that is not a reason to take one,ever.

#9 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 13 August 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

lbx is good for giving extra low heat dps when paired with srms,otherwise its pretty garbage.

it used to be good against lights,but now when the insane structure buffs are in place,that is not a reason to take one,ever.

It's always dissapointing when mechs are quirked for LBx weapons instead of general ballistics, because it always feels like a waste. Such as the CN9-D... if those quirks were for the AC10, I would be happy to use it.

Edited by Greenjulius, 13 August 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#10 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 13 August 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

It's always dissapointing when mechs are quirked for LBx weapons instead of general ballistics, because it always feels like a waste. Such as the CN9-D... if those quirks were for the AC10, I would be happy to use it.

That would be damn nice and pretty op

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 13 August 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

It's sad that a quirked LBX is still usually worse than its unquirked equivalent regular AC.

#12 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 13 August 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

That would be damn nice and pretty op

It would actually be a close equivalent to the Dragon 1N with 2xAC5, only with a slower velocity, shorter range weapon.

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

This is how brilliant PGI is...

The whole point of critical hits is to destroy components, by making critical hits destroy internal structure faster, they self-defeat the entire purpose of critical hits.

In order to make critical hits matter more, internal structure needs to be harder to destroy, not easier...

Edited by Khobai, 13 August 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#14 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

The whole idea having a shotgun like weapon is nice and dandy but the purpose of a shotgun (in games) is being more effective on short range because you deal massive damage when standing in front of the enemy, which gets worse the further your targets moves away from you. The LBX on the other hand is only as effectiv as a regular AC/10 when every pellet hits the spot you want. But the pellets spread out and if you are not shooting from 20m away chances are that you will hit multiple locations.

The critseeking aspect is would be useful if you could crit armor. Criting internals is pretty useless because hitting internals with an AC/10 is still more useful than hitting it with an lbx. And most of the times, the enemy will still have armor.

The only mech that can somewhat use the lbx10 effectively is the Cent-D, because of the DPS boost. Because it got ridiculous quirks.

#15 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

LBX10 is melee weapon, 50m from target, and hit it.

#16 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

I'm probably in the extreme minority, but I really like using the LBX10 and 20. All three of my Cauldron Born's use one. They work best when you have a "hole puncher" weapon or laser vomit. 2LBX10 7ERSL, 1LBX20 3MPL 4ERSL, and 1LBX10 1ERPPC 2SSRM6 2ERSL are the builds I use. I wouldn't recommend any of these builds for anything outside of PUGing, but I have a lot of fun with them.

I don't really know which mechs would make best use of them for the IS. If they were in game for the IS, I'd run a King Crab with an LBX20 and UAC20.

Edited by ScreamingSkull, 14 August 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#17 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:45 AM

I tried it, and I really wanted to like it. That huge cracking sound, the sight of the projectiles slamming into the target, that all made me feel like the manliest mechwarrior in the Inner Sphere. But actual effectiveness ... nah.

The final insult is that batsh*t crazy cost at 800,000 c-bills, suggesting that it's some kind of endgame content.

I wish we got that lore-correct ability to switch ammo types. I'd love to be able to fire slugs for much of the game, but slam clustershot into cherry-red torsos in late game.

#18 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

The LBX *sounds* good, at least.

#19 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

Tried dual LB10-X + triple LL on my K.Crab last night. Meh.
Why the heck they buffed AC10 ammo to 20/ton and LB10-X still 15/ton? LBX weights one ton less, but this small "advantage" over AC10 goes away when you have to equip more ammo bins.

#20 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

I just like the sound. Effectiveness at range and boating less than 3 is very, very minimal.
I run a Hellbringer with a buncha c-smlas and an LBX-20. It sounds cool. Kinda fun. But can't kill squat unless I'm using it near the end of the match or I'm deathballing and the sound freaks em out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users