Seriously?

25 replies to this topic

#21 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

Mix Communist China, Soviet Russia, and "The Last King of Scotland" and you get House Liao. They wear the black hat of villainy unapologetically. They are sneaky and manipulative. They never use force of arms when assassination will serve their ends. Yet for all that, their goal is not selfish, but rather to advance the Capellan Confederation and the Celestial Throne as a replacement for humanity's fixation on Terra. Castes are not fixed, so instead people are encouraged to rise to the highest station they can, with the highest being the MechWarrior.

In many ways they are the antithesis of the Clans and every House Lord seeking to consolidate the Inner Sphere under a Terra centric government. House Liao isn't good or nice or decent, but unlike many House and Clans, they aren't hypocrites, pretending to be these things in a vain bid for power.

That's why we can sit back and smile while the rest of the Inner Sphere burns.

#22 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

Wow, I think it has been something like a year and a half or more since I bothered to log into MWO but I had to in order to say this:

Well said GI Journalist. I agree completely.

If you find and read the short fiction from sources such as the Battletechnology Magazines, etc you will find many instances where Liao(inese?) fight not only for honor but also to better their society and improve the daily lives of the masses. True, some of the recent behinds that sit on the Celestial Throne have been pure nutbags but that has been the exception not the rule.

#23 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

I have not been able to play for almost half a year, so I cannot be blamed for not participating, but upon my return (about the start of December), I will be putting myself on the front lines as much as possible (mostly in CW, queue permitting) so all of Liao can count on me to protect House Liao borders from the aggression of our arch enemy neighbour (not saying any House names but we all know who I mean :-p)

#24 DiabloSix

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 52 posts
  • LocationInfernal Regions

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 09 October 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I have not been able to play for almost half a year, so I cannot be blamed for not participating, but upon my return (about the start of December), I will be putting myself on the front lines as much as possible (mostly in CW, queue permitting) so all of Liao can count on me to protect House Liao borders from the aggression of our arch enemy neighbour (not saying any House names but we all know who I mean :-p)

Lol, if you think Davion is your biggest threat at your borders, you really have been out of the loop.

#25 SPARTAN 127

• Pip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 09 October 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

Hint hint, Clans have steamrolled down the middle of IS itself and its been a battle of attrition since then.

#26 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostDiablosVI, on 09 October 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Lol, if you think Davion is your biggest threat at your borders, you really have been out of the loop.

Unfortunately, yeah :-( Still, nothig more pleasing than smoking the Davs when not hitting the Clans :-p

View PostSPARTAN 127, on 09 October 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hint hint, Clans have steamrolled down the middle of IS itself and its been a battle of attrition since then.

Dang it, I really have been out of it for far too long :/ Still, not much I can do about it myself right now but you can be sure I will be at the front lines as soon as humanly possible. I miss going toe to toe against the budgie smugglers and would love to clip their wings a bit...

Edited by Leif Tanner, 10 October 2015 - 01:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users