The New Elo System Needs One Thing...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Makaru

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

... and that is to take into account the individual mech the pilot is driving.

Apologies if you have this planned already with your new battle value coming up.

Also I love what you did with the Elo system it's brilliant. Nice simple fix, but it's just that one thing that it counts for the entirety of all my mechs. Let me give you an actual example that exists in my mech bays.

i own 31 mechs, mostly in sets of two's and threes as I've elited or mastered them or whatever. There are a few mechs however that I bought during a sale and are kind of sitting in my garage because I want to be able to improve them eventually. If I were to play them now under this system my "Tier" would fall. three mechs I can think of. I have a single Stalker-4N, it still needs like an XL engine and double heat sinks upgrade, so it doesn't run very fast or very good right now.

The thunderbolt I have may not get an XL but it suffers from the same problem.

I have a stormcrow that I haven't been able to get siblings for yet, it's sitting at Basics but I still play it, and I obviously wouldn't do as good in it as some of my mastered mechs (Omgosh I love the shadow cat :D)

So therein lies the problem. Mechs not quite finished that we still want to level up, and what if I'm an absolutely terribad light pilot? (I am) Say i play a few absolutely dominating Matches in my Atlases(Atlai?) then I switch to say my firestarter or my commando. The resulting wreckage isn't going to be pretty.

A good quick fix to this would be by mech classes and you can worry about by Chassis later.

Note to player: If you like what I've said here, then go ahead and leave a like so we can get this into the minds of PGI and whoever reads the forums.

P.S. to PGI. If you happen to reply to this on a whim, I would like to know if and/or when a rework for the rewards system is coming out. Also more info on battlevalue would be nice. Totally excited for those.

#2 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:12 PM

This is exactly why we see very little of Russ, or Paul and the crew on the forums.

An announcement is made , with good details, then someone goes and explains the problem(s) with it. BEFORE it is released.

I am amazed at the number of prophets and All Knowing Beings on this forum......

How about we wait and see how it works, you know, actually have it happening, BEFORE we pass judgement ????

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 17 August 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

This is exactly why we see very little of Russ, or Paul and the crew on the forums.

An announcement is made , with good details, then someone goes and explains the problem(s) with it. BEFORE it is released.

I am amazed at the number of prophets and All Knowing Beings on this forum......

How about we wait and see how it works, you know, actually have it happening, BEFORE we pass judgement ????

We KNOW from the patch thread, according to the devs, that the PSR is based solely on the pilot, and takes no account of the mechs.

We've also known for a while that we need matching based on pilot, and mech, not just weight class.

So the OP isn't really that wrong.

#4 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

You are aware that as far as PGI said , there will be no battle value match making?

Battle value that they mentioned is there so they can asign quirks to mechs more accurately based on what the mech has going for it and against it, and in comparison to the classes most rated mech.

So yeah, it would be nice to have 4 ratings based on mech class per player back again.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostNik Reaper, on 18 August 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

You are aware that as far as PGI said , there will be no battle value match making?

Battle value that they mentioned is there so they can asign quirks to mechs more accurately based on what the mech has going for it and against it, and in comparison to the classes most rated mech.

So yeah, it would be nice to have 4 ratings based on mech class per player back again.

I am. OP is just saying it would be nice to have a thing. He's not saying it will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users