Name for a Unit

2 replies to this topic

#1 Stundorn

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCologne Germany

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

I am not sure if my suggested Name for a Steiner Unit is compliant to the lore, so i have to ask the veterans.
Our (german) community is called Roamers, depends on the fact, that we roam through a handfull of online games.
For military Units, Squads etc. we use Kommando Roamers as name (K instead of C because we are germanspeakers).
Would that fit the lore?
I think of Carlyles Commandos or ist that something different (reading the 1st book, but onliy on page 50 :D)

#2 David Decoster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBrugge, Belgium, Terra

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

It is compliant to the lore if by that you mean that it is not a canon unit. On the question of whether it would fit, I wouldn't really worry about that too much. As long as you and your unit members feel good about it, who cares what anyone else thinks? Your name is what you make of it, out there on the battlefield.

#3 Stundorn

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCologne Germany

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

thats right! and thank you for the answer.
i am still a little roleplaying geek, so i want to come a little close to the canon, but sure don't want to be in.
maybe there will be some rp metagaming between the factions, therfor i want to be prepared with a name that won't upset any freaks :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users